Crickets ate bearded dragon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmcnick

For all those wondering myth or fact.. Fact. Left crickets for my beardie and while she was sleeping they ate her. It was extremely graphic and therefore I will not show pictures.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...I'm really sorry to hear about this horrible tragedy and the loss of your beardie :( Was it a juvenile, and how many crickets were on her ? Was she very ill ? This could only happen to a very tiny and/or ill dragon. It may be that your dragon died suddenly in it's sleep and the crickets congregated on her .....again , I'm sorry to hear this happened.

nmcnick

Original Poster
It was extremely tragic, thanks for the kind words. She was juvenile, 4 months old, 10" or so.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome....and please excuse me,I just see in my post I put a smiley face, I absolutely meat to post a sad face.

nmcnick

Original Poster
AHBD":2n8a965m said:
You're welcome....and please excuse me,I just see in my post I put a smiley face, I absolutely meat to post a sad face.

I assumed, no worries. It's so sad. She was an absolutely amazing bearded dragon. Still can't get over how insane it is... I've never, ever ever in my long career with herps heard of crickets doing this. I've heard of them biting and maybe blinding beardies, never anything like this. You can only imagine how tragic it is to see your pet like that.. One of the most horrific things I've ever seen in my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom