Cover/Light for 58 gallon tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglwngss

Hatchling Member
I was wondering if anyone else has their dragon(s) in a 58 gallon tank? If so, what are you using for a hood/light/heat/screen/cover?

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
My female dragon's tank is close to 58 gallons, and for lighting I use a 4' T12 fixture, 14w flourescent coil, 100w SB Mega Ray, and a 50w spot lamp. I don't use any screens to cover, as the tank is high enough to prevent escapes. The 100w SB Mega Ray and the 50w spot handle the heat, while the two flourescent bulbs add extra light intensity.

Here is a pic I made describing my lighting system. Disclaimer: Always ensure your dragon has a proper temperature gradient, and that all temperatures are checked using accurate means.
IMG_0364-1.jpg

Anglwngss

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I've GOT to have some kind of cover, the one beardie that's in the tank is a master escape artist. We just transferred him from a different sized tank. The other had a nice screen cover with a 'railing' around the sides for the screen to slide into. It was pretty nice.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Hello Badcon, i think i have just asked a question in another thread, but this one answers it.

When using the mega ray, any other UVB is too much and can be just as dangerous as not enough UVB. Are you using a coil UVB?

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Buggsy: As indicated in the picture, there is only 1 uv source within that enclosure.

Angel: Ya, Bacon (lizard pictured) has been known to escape, but fortunately the tank is tall enough to prevent her from jumping. I keep her on the fat side, and gravity does the rest of the work :p.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Lol! Ive just seen it soo much in the last few weeks! Looks like a very nice cage by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom