Cotton balls to keep crickets hyderated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
I currently don't keep crickets over a long period of time but I plan to use because I get tired of the .11 cent crickets at PetSmart. Could a moistened cotton ball be an alternative to water crystals?

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
the main thing is you don't want a pool of water that will allow crix to drown in. also the cottonballs will hold bacteria but it should be an acceptable alternative for water crystals. although the water crystals will stay hydrated for a longer time.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
How come you don't want to use crystals? They are AWESOME! Nothing compares to them and they are cheap and last forever.

-Ian

patrickb

Juvie Member
Cotton balls, paper towels will work just fine. You will need to replace them daily (maybe twice a day if you have many crickets) They will get very nasty fast and as was mentioned, become a huge bacteria playground.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ihaggerty1313":69672 said:
How come you don't want to use crystals? They are AWESOME! Nothing compares to them and they are cheap and last forever.

-Ian

I just like to know my alternatives and their pros and cons.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Grixxly15":654c4 said:
I just like to know my alternatives and their pros and cons.

Fair enough. Some methods are more work than others but like everyone else said just keep the mold and bacteria out and everything should run smooth.

-Ian

Fogles

Juvie Member
Use a potatoe! Or get the oranges at petsmart, they are like 6dollars and It's like water and food for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom