Concerned about our baby dragons' size! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Hi again!

neecie.... maybe it's your computer.... I don't see any Google ads on this thread. :dontknow:

On another note.... 22 crickets! I'm happy dancing (in my mind, of course) for you!
corkysm60.gif

With a real experience right in front of me, I'll definitely be trying Reptaid. By the way.... for fruits, my beardie personally likes fresh pears and mangoes, but apparently they should only be fed to beardies occasionally. I was surprised when Reggie also turned down strawberries (GASP!) but he devoured pears. They were the brown pears.... they begin with a B. The name has slipped my mind at the moment.

I'm so very glad that Smaug is eating more! Hopefully, he'll pick up where he left off! Of course, you couldn't have done it without Embee.... so, I offer a big 'good job' to Em! :mrgreen:

As for the babyfood question: as long as you're not feeding Smaug ONLY babyfood, I would think he'd be okay. Most of the time, when a dragon gets spoiled over syringe feeding babyfood, it's because they were fed that exclusively over their period of sickness.

Congrats again! A victory, indeed!

-- Jacqui

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
jacqui778":bec2a said:
I'm so very glad that Smaug is eating more! Hopefully, he'll pick up where he left off! Of course, you couldn't have done it without Embee.... so, I offer a big 'good job' to Em! :mrgreen:

Ah shucks, Jacqui... you're too much. *blush*

The best,
Em

CEHSTJ

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the advice and support and yes, Jacqui I am grateful for the advice Em gave us (Smaug is especially grateful), Thanks Em!

The past few days have been pretty good. My only concern now is that Smaug for the last three days is showing dark stress marks. I believe he is getting ready to shed again as his head and tail are a muted colour. This may be the reason for the stress marks. I also realize that I have created a monster (I'm sure I'm not the first)! Smaug prefers to be fed with the tweezers and will only catch the first couple of crickets and then looks up at me letting me know it is my turn! He will eat wax worms if placed in front of him. The most wax worms he will eat at one time is three. When I tried feeding him butterworms he only ate one and then turned his snout up at any others.

I have stopped giving him chicken baby food and only give him squash or mixed vegetables if he does not eat any greens or fruit by mid afternoon. Another example of his control over me.

I have had some success though. Smaug has now had two, not just one, but TWO Bowel movements while bathing! WOOHOO!! :blob8:
As soon as his litlle rump lifts up into the air I get some toilet tissue ready and once he is finished his business I scoop the waste out and he goes on enjoying his bath! Today I was petting his head and he kept squirming away from me. He has never done this before so I tried to pet his head again. He gave me a nasty look, moved away from me and did his business. I guess I was disturbing his privacy! OOPS!

Well, it is a beautiful day out and my two human boys are off school and would love to go to the park and hit some baseballs. I hope you all have a great day! Bye for now!

Cheryl

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Yay for (2) poop!! :blob8:

Indeed, sounds like you've got a pampered little prince on your hands, Cheryl. Smaug sounds like such a dearie!

Cloudy gets very stressy before a shed. I can always tells when the cycle is going to begin because her legs go really dark, and things start to go dull, one body part at a time.

So glad for the happy update! :D

Thanks!
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom