Coccidia :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Taterbug":3dhf5rdp said:
I don't have the nerve to pull the beard.

I don't either, but have seen two vets do it without any issues so I know it can be done but think of it as a last resort.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I feel so bad! He got all of his medicine today, though. I was hand feeding him greens and realized that he was opening his mouth wide open - so I took advantage of the situation and squirt his meds in his mouth when he grabbed a green from me. He was not happy! Now he won't take any more greens from me… I think I broke his trust! At least he got his meds, though.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1hd24yb1 said:
You may have one or two more shots with that trick before he remembers it long term.

Yeahhhh I'm thinking the same. I did get him to eat some blueberries from my hand, but he wouldn't take any more greens from me - he's pretty smart! I don't want him to be afraid to eat from me, so I might try something else tomorrow. Can't wait for this to be done.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could try mixing it with a little bit of baby food veggie or puree of some sort to mask the flavor if that's what he is protesting. Kind of like hiding a pill in peanut butter for a dog.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Lol. I bet he was quite ticked to get a shot of meds when he thought he was getting greens. How long does he have to take the meds?

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Cooper - I thought of doing that, but I'm just afraid that he won't eat whatever I squirt it on… the only thing that I can be 100% confident about him eating is bugs, so maybe I could squirt it on a few supers and see if he eats them? I might try that!

Brezzy - He has two more daily treatments, then 5 more on alternating days. 7 more total. I think I'm going to need to get creative!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've heard of putting the medication on a bug and feeding it, but haven't done it myself. May be worth a try if you can't wait him out with the syringe.

BabySkales

Hatchling Member
Maybe inject it into a super? Or a hornworm... I'm sure he will be so excited with the bug he will just scarf it down..

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I don't see why injecting his feeders with the meds wouldn't work. How is he doing otherwise? It's good he has an appetite.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm not really sure how to go about injecting his feeders - the syringe has a fairly wide plastic opening, not a needle - so I'd basically have to figure out how to get it into the feeders mouth… ahhhh so frustrating!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, I tried putting the meds on the back of a superworm, but it didn't stick (should have thought of that), and all the medicine soaked into his paper towels. So I used another dose and stuck it in his mouth when he went to eat the worm - he hated it again, but he ate a few more worms afterwards and is still eating from my hand, so I guess that's what I'll have to do!
Need to go back to the vet for another dose of medicine, now!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I tried slipping it into his mouth while he chomped on a worm again today, and it worked perfectly! And he kept chasing more worms, and then at tons of greens, so I guess that's what I'll keep doing! Hopefully he'll be cured after this round of meds!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
He sure does have a good appetite! I love how you are finding creative ways for him to take the medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom