Clipping Toe nails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are u suppose to clip beardies toe nails, if so what is best to use and what are the rules to go by?.

DSCF4223.jpg

Lennifer

Juvie Member
U can clip their nails with regular nail clippers. Just be sure to only clip/cut the very tip so that u don't cut the vein/quick. I use tiles in my beardie's enclosure & it keeps his nails nice & trim so I have never needed to use the clippers! lol!

~Sandy

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Clipping is not neccessary, but many keepers like to so they don't get so scratched up during handling.

I find that using a substrate of tiles helped to wear down my beardies nails enough so that I don't have to clip them.

If you do decide to clip your beardie's nails, use a human nail clippers. There are lizard nail clippers available at pet stores, but the human kind work much better. The key is to clip just above the quick. As I've never clipped Budo's nails, I can't be of much help identifying the quick, but if you clip past it, it will hurt your beardie and may start to bleed. Clip the very tip of the nails only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom