Clawing tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeybutt

Hatchling Member
Good evening!

My newly rescued beardie has been on sand her whole life. I just switched her over to tile this afternoon, and she has nonstop been clawing at it. Is this normal for beardies when they switch substrate?

Thanks

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
it might be im not positive you said she..could she be gravid?? if not then its normal as well max is a boy and he digs in his cage when hes bored

Doublet74

Hatchling Member
She probably trying to dig. Obviously she probably dug in her sand. Give it a while she will get the clue. And if nothing else at least you won't have to trim her nails. :)

Kajolic

Juvie Member
If you want, you could give her a spot to dig. Right now I'm trialing out my dig spot for my little Dovah. Put it on the warm side under his hammock with a spare driftwood behind his basking rocks. Looks really nice, and he has taken a real liking to it. I used Alfalfa pellets, which are 100% digestible in the event that they are ingested but they don't taste good, so they won't be something they will eat over anything else you feed them. I will post a picture here tomorrow, right now he's asleep in this very spot. Does become something they will enjoy.

Here is the guide that I got the suggestion from, scroll to the bottom of the first post: http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=132151

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Here are some photos of this warm side dig spot. It is just big enough that he is able to dig into enough to satisfy. Planning to make it slightly bigger, and make another under his cool side cave hide.

gH0LZ.jpg

uMOZx.jpg

KZhJ2.jpg

QeetC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom