cinderblocks beardie safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Not in the cinderblock itself. The problem with the block is that the "rock" is so porous. I still recommend the bleach/water bath because of this. There could be dirt and stuff in the pores that you can't see harboring bacteria. Soak it in a bleach/water mixture and rinse it several times in hot water. You "could" bake it for around 30 mins @ 350* or so. I just like to make sure I get any dirt and things out of the rock first.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If you have a pot big enough to boil them in. That would just make me feel better as I like to make sure the only thing I put in there would be the "rock". Boiling should clean it out well enough and get any loose dirt or debris out of the block. Good idea.

***EDIT**** Just make sure you let them dry before baking them. Wouldn't want the concrete to explode or anything...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It might be better to bake it first, then boiling it if your going to do both.

Unless your cinderblock is already wet then heck with it lol.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom