Charlie is a spoiled brat

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Squishy is weird, i have to keep switching from dubias and crickets, and Squishy is currently shedding himself, probably really itchy :lol:
your inhales the crickets.. my gosh. Squishy tried to inhales a dubia at one point, and he choked on it and chewed it again. i am like. it is called chewing Squishy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
It's difficult to keep everything alive and/or fresh while they make their decision on what they're hungry for... And of course once you freeze the veggies, no one wants it.

Alucard likes crickets more than dubia right now so I'm keeping crickets and dubia on hand as staples, along with superworms. I keep crickets for my pacman frog anyway, but I usually only pick up 10 at a time for him

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
traildrifterphalanx":2buwc0wk said:
It's difficult to keep everything alive and/or fresh while they make their decision on what they're hungry for... And of course once you freeze the veggies, no one wants it.

Alucard likes crickets more than dubia right now so I'm keeping crickets and dubia on hand as staples, along with superworms. I keep crickets for my pacman frog anyway, but I usually only pick up 10 at a time for him
it is so frustrating at times, one day i get like 5 dubia and he gobbles them up like no tomorrow. next time i get like 25, he looks at them as they pass by him. same with crickets. (i give him one bug at a time, so he can catch them faster and i don't have to pick them up when he is done eating them.)

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
About a month ago I couldn't keep enough crickets in the house, now I can't keep them alive long enough

Elisa

My Potato loves his Dubai roaches! I bought 100 (3/4-1") and he ate them all in 6 days!!!! He's about 14" and I forget his current weight is. He's only about 5 to 6 months old. I hope he starts slowing down on his roach intake because it gets expensive. And he does not like his veggies either. I tried waxed warms but he didn't like them. In fact, it seemed to me he acted like the worm bit him! Do wax worms bite? Regardless, I am sticking to my roaches for now.

89779-4958975818.jpg
89779-2222273425.jpg

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I tried to feed Chatlie red swiss chard...and this is what I got for my efforts...
87171-5205873884.jpg

*facepalm*

That is awesome that Potato loves them! BDs eat a LOT until they are about a year old or so. Expensive to feed fpr the first year then it drops off.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
:lol:
I take it he's not a fan?

I had to remove Alucard's food dish because she kept pooping in it.
I had to remove Richter's food dish because he kept digging in it.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Uh no...considering he usually poops in his tree, I would say this was a VERY clear way of telling me he does not approve :lol:

Gonzo used to poop in his dish too lol

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I really need to stop worrying...weighed Charlie this am... 380g, 17.5 inches long. The dude just keeps packing it ON! :blob5: :blob8: :lol:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
NBGwen":beqh8rb3 said:
I really need to stop worrying...weighed Charlie this am... 380g, 17.5 inches long. The dude just keeps packing it ON! :blob5: :blob8: :lol:

Way to go, little heffer! How old is he now?

Friday night is weigh-in/measurements for my guys so we'll see how they're doing. Richter hasn't been eating as much due to being medicated but I have some pro-biotics on the way :D

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I got him Feb 27th and we thought he was 6 - 8 weeks based on growth. So he would be about 5 1/2 to 6 months now. He doesn't look overweight at all...just big. I had a friend suggest he could have German Giant in him (he was a 'fancy' beardie from Petsmart...) but I doubt that...

I weigh him in the mornings before feeding :)

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I feel like a lot of people think German Giant when they grow really fast and get huge. I thought the same with Richter, he was 19.25" last weekend and 486g at 8 1/2 months old, but he's slowed down immensely since hitting 18", so I think he just had a growth spurt up until now and may continue to grow slowly for about the next year. He was pacing at 2" per month, and seems to have slowed to maybe .5" per month. I'll see what he measures out at tonight.

Regardless, Charlie is huge for his age! And it's super hard to determine what genetics they have when getting them from the Petsmart bin (both mine are petsmart bebs). Richter came as a normal, Alucard is a "fancy" :roll: Hoping for some high citrus coloring like Simon, but Simon was a normal.

Keep me posted on his growth. I'm tracking Alucard pretty heavily since I got her, and she's on track to be growing 2" per month so far, but it's literally been only 1 month :lol:

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Yeah, when he is full grown and if he is still huge then I would go with German Giant, but yeah, I think he's just keen to grow up :lol:

Here's his growth from Feb 27th on -

Feb 27th - 31g, 8 or 9 inches (didn't get an accurate measurement, just guestimating)
March 13th - 41g, 10.25 inches
March 20th - 55g, 10.25 inches
March 25th - 61g, 11.25 inches (I measured him in less than a week here as I could tell he grew)
April 1st - 82g, 12 inches
April 7th - 101g, 12.75 inches
April 13th - 115g, 13.5 inches
April 21st - 151g, 14.5 inches
April 28th - 199g, 15 inches
May 5th - 234g, 16 inches
May 12th - 275g, 16.5 inches
May 19th - 325g, 17 inches
May 26th - 345g, 17.25 inches
June 2 - 380g, 17.5 inches

He had a huge growth spurt in April, but now his length hasn't increased a whole lot in comparison, but his weight keeps going up. He doesn't look overweight either.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
That's good documentation! I've just been taking photos and putting them in my phone but I would love to make it a chart.

Richter did the same thing, as soon as length stopped he was working on his weight. Started hitting the gym, getting swole.

I guess I've always considered 24" to be the max of a normal bearded dragon, but from what I'm reading now, sizes over 18" appear to be considered "bigger than average." Here I was thinking they had to pass 24" to be considered bigger than average... Hm. Looks like I should look more into this!

On a side note, ran home for lunch, and so glad I did because Richter apparently found out how to get out of his enclosure. He was just sitting on the living room floor nonchalantly like he pays rent. Front opening doors, I never lock them, but this tells me I should start. What a little buttmunch!

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
:shock: Oh crap! That's a bit of a scare...I have to lock mine - I have 2 cats and a 3 year old who LOVES Charlie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom