Charlie is a spoiled brat

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
don't worry, i know how that feels. Lizarto (she passed), she was a picky eater. she wouldn't want to touch her veggies, unless she is really hungry. she shouldn't touch her roaches, or the crickets, or anything.
i gave her baby food cause how stubborn she is.
Squishy, he has a bad vibe for horn worms. (probably a bad batch), once he sees one, he closes his eyes and is like "nope, don't give me those nasty things."
he like his roaches, and his crickets with calcium. he gets play time and swim time.
yeah, with squishy when there is food that he doesn't like, he would close his eyes and be like "nope."
Beardies are all spoiled, some are worse then others XD :lol:

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
It's soooo frustrating at times. I know he is healthy, but man...such a brat! LOL

PS - sorry about Lizarto :( they sure do dig into our hearts...

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Poor Charlie, all spoiled and loved.
Richter did that to me, too, with the BSFL. Bought 600, and he decided he didn't like them anymore. Crickets already die super quick, so I'm sure the 250 you got looked like a massacre.

My baby Alucard LOVES crickets and is "eh" about roaches.. I am unwilling to start a cricket colony for her. Sorry sweetheart, they reek.

Luckily Richter is totally digging his veggies right now. He's going in for a vet visit today though (Alucard, too!) and may be losing his appetite for a while due to treating what I assume is some parasites... I have no experience with soy yogurt and Richter is terrified of the syringe.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
NBGwen":2t0pr28v said:
It's soooo frustrating at times. I know he is healthy, but man...such a brat! LOL

it makes them unique, they are like kids. but crazier :p
getting her ashes soon and her claws. i am going to miss my little girl! :(

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
BeardieLover232":4vobjbas said:
NBGwen":4vobjbas said:

So sorry you lost your girl. I lost Simon on 5/4, and I apologize NBGwen for turning your page into a memorial topic and know you lost yours as well :( , but I have Simon buried in my front lawn and created a garden for her which is just coming into bloom. I need to upload the pics, but her lillies are beautiful and it's a great tribute. I'm unsure if I prefer this over cremation, but she is directly under a tree I planted for her, so I associate the tree as her now

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
traildrifterphalanx":3dflusu6 said:
BeardieLover232":3dflusu6 said:
NBGwen":3dflusu6 said:

So sorry you lost your girl. I lost Simon on 5/4, and I apologize NBGwen for turning your page into a memorial topic and know you lost yours as well :( , but I have Simon buried in my front lawn and created a garden for her which is just coming into bloom. I need to upload the pics, but her lillies are beautiful and it's a great tribute. I'm unsure if I prefer this over cremation, but she is directly under a tree I planted for her, so I associate the tree as her now
i have Lizarto cremated, in case i move i can take her with me.
but for sure, it be cool to see some pics he is growing them to show that is still there. i am sorry about simon. glad he is not in pain anymore, he is in heaven with all of the other dragon friends from beardeddragon . org. i really didn't mean to make it into a sad post. :(

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I've had concerns about when I move, but I just bought this house last year and have no intention of moving anytime soon.

Back to spoiled beardies!
89300-6551289125.jpg
out of focus but I love it.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
No worries about high jacking the thread :) I lost my Gonzo in August 2016 and Evee Feb of this year. I had no intention of getting another beardie as soon as I did. But I saw Charlie and fell for him :D

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Soooo...I'm starting to worry about Charlie. He flatly is refusing crickets - I bought 250 and all of them died off without him even trying ONE. He wants supers, waxes, butters and horns. Turned his nose up to the BSFL I got (over 1000 I ended up GIVING away :banghead: ). I'm trying to make him eat them by not feeding him BUT he's still a baby!!! I can't go a day without giving him something...he eats his bok choy like a champ (and nothing else :evil: ). His belly is pudgy and I don't want to risk causing fatty liver disease or impaction or anything else. He is VERY healthy, but this is concerning. Maybe he's 6 months now and just not as hungry??? maybe...UGH

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
What a little brat!
Richter will get the like.. sneeze face of "oh I'm gonna eat this!!" and then just close his mouth like "eh." and look away... So I offer it again and get the closed "nope" eyes. :angry5:

Did Charlie grow really fast? He might just want to slow down as he deemed himself "big enuff" for now. Richter's appetite has slowed down completely (he's 8 1/2mo), and the vet asked I offer him fewer bugs per day since he's so big and she wants to prevent obesity, not that he is overweight, just very large. It doesn't help he's on coccidia meds right now which could affect his appetite, too.

If he's eating his bok choy I'd just say hey, let him fill up on on some of that! and maybe throw in one or two supers as a treat after.. I've been giving Richter turnip greens and a superworm after, and dubias every other day for now, but he only seems to want to eat 2 or 3 and is generally not interested in more (thinking the meds are a little hard on his tummy for now)

On a side note, Was giving Richter his meds this morning and the little butt spit it all out. My fault for not getting the syringe in further, but he shoved it all out with his tongue.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
the dang "nope" eyes. D:
Charlie must have been so spoiled that he grew up to be a brat. puberty must have taken over Charlie :) silly dragon

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
He did grow really fast - 31g and 8 or 9 inches on Feb 27th when I got him to 345g and 17 1/4 inches on this past Friday! I keep trying to introduce different veggies but he wants none of it...he'll be in a shock tomorrow as I am out of bok choy and can't get any till tomorrow. That means grated carrot and apple and...and...spoiled brat. I get the 'NOPE" eyes ALL the time. He is a VERY silly dragon.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
He's likely aware he's a big one now and is favoring his veggies, but yes their sudden change in diet preference is quite annoying :lol: I hate buying something he loves and also something new to try and he ends up loving the new stuff more and ignores the stuff he used to love. He's starting to get a little picky with his turnip greens and he really loved them at first.. Good thing the roaches will eat anything.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I wish we could do dubias here, but they're illegal :( (not native to Canada - apparently we're too cold for them LOL, I don't actually know that but it made me chuckle). Crickets aren't hard to keep just stinky and don't last long. Superworms last forever, but I know they aren't ideal. He likes them, but he LOVES waxworms...and they are of course, more expensive. :shock: I tried silkworms and he wouldn't even look at them. He did a lot of shedding and I think is starting another shed too (which I know can affect appetite, but didn't before). He used to inhale crickets. So yeah, the food preference changes are SOOO frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom