Changing Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
What does it mean when a dragon changes Colors. My Chyna is a tan brown with orange streaks and sometimes when i look at her she turns darker in color almost to a gray. Should I be worried about that?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You just got your baby, yes ? Changing colors means many things, such as darker colors absorb more heat, distress (does she still have those stress lines on her tummy ?) Lighter colors means contentment, so I don't think you should worry, unless the color changes is along with changes in behaviour.
Hope this helps out !
Janie.

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes she has dark lines on her tummy as w speak i think it is the fact that she keep seeing her reflection in the tank I been fedding her crickets all morning but i dont want to feed her anymore i dont want to over feed her or anything and i read up on obesity for them as well idk I havent picked her up yet cause i am giving her a week to get use to her habitat this week i may see if she will crawl on my hand

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You can safely feed her as much as she will eat in 15 minutes, just make sure they are smaller than the distance between her eyes. You may want to just feed a few at a time, until she is done, to make sure she is able to hold and not regurgitate (throw up) any.
As for the reflection, I had an issue with an infant like that, and all I did was paper the inside of the viv, until he was more comfortable with his surroundings, than removed a bit at a time.
Hope this helps out !
Janie.

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well i dont really want to just put paper around it but with me being an artist I may draw her name or something and surround it around her tank I havent picked her up yet im scared she might bite me. She is different from the last beardie I had. Onyx loved being in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom