Probiotic recommendations

dandelion

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jasper
I’ve been having on and off issues with Jasper’s digestion since I got him, and it looks like it’s starting to flare back up again. This morning he had diarrhea, and I’m really hoping it’s from the extra baths to help with shedding and giving him some squash, but I’m still concerned since it has been looser for a couple days now. I haven’t had much success getting him to eat nondairy yogurt for probiotics, and was searching for something that might work better.
I saw non dairy acidophiliz mentioned, but the only type I can find for sale are in capsules. How much should I give him? Or is there a different type that works better?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It's hard to know exactly how much probiotic to give them since there really isn't a set dosing standard. I am usually very conservative with supplements & medications.
Probiotics are very safe. If you are going to use a powdered acidophiluz you can simply use a small pinch mixed in with food or water.
Were you wanting a liquid probiotic instead?

Tracie

dandelion

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jasper
Hello,

It's hard to know exactly how much probiotic to give them since there really isn't a set dosing standard. I am usually very conservative with supplements & medications.
Probiotics are very safe. If you are going to use a powdered acidophiluz you can simply use a small pinch mixed in with food or water.
Were you wanting a liquid probiotic instead?

Tracie

Hi Tracie! I’m fine with trying either, I’m just nervous using it without directions, and was having trouble finding out specifics. Do you have one you recommend? Thanks!
Mel

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Certainly, here is my site & a direct link to a liquid Reptophilus for you:

Let me know if you have any questions.
How is your girl doing today?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom