Yes, my queen? What dost thou demand?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Actually, her poops have been really tiny. I put Timberline topsoil in it with sand per this video
and I think that brand of topsoil has reduced in quality. It's mostly sticks!
Tiny but well formed? Can you post a picture?

Yeah, when I was building my tank I grabed one of those "rough" soils as well. They are good for tropical setups but I don't personally like their looks in a dry tank.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

Yeah, when I was building my tank I grabed one of those "rough" soils as well. They are good for tropical setups but I don't personally like their looks in a dry tank.
She doesn't want her greens, so no poop as of late. And not really. The poops weren't enough to form anything.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

This is after two days of greens. Yeah, I think it's vet time.

Attachments

• PXL_20240313_130313644.jpg
    PXL_20240313_130313644.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 27

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So it didn't get better, I guess?!
Let us know what the vet says.
Well she hasn't pooped lately but I avoided feeding her for the moment. There's no obstructions that can be seen via x-ray or ultrasound, but she may have some clumped follicles, and the ulcer on the inside of her mouth is back. That thing is doesn't seem to be hurting her or whatnot, but I got some solution to put on it. It's also surface level so it's not in her jaw bone or anything.

I got some injections for the follicles to see if that helps her absorb them.

In other news, I'm getting the Australian sand to replace the top soil that's mostly wood chips. It's what I wanted in the first place, and I may be able to make shapes and stuff with it.

I wanted to get her a huge hide that would double as a basking spot, but Jesus it is $70 for a piece of plastic... I've seen some hides that are corner hides (which I want more than the one mentioned) but I plan on not having the hide on the surface but partially buried..

The plants are ruined, but I plan on putting them back in a pot and then hiding the pots under the sand. This way they're more stable and will get more nutrients with the current soil than the desert sand.

Tbh, I think an open terrarium would work best for her to go in and out, since she doesn't want to be in there anyway.

I'm also not happy that the terrarium is not desert temps, and the current basking spot is a little hard to stay on because of the shape of the wood...and if I get the hide/bask thing I wouldn't be able to fit the wood in there, and it wouldn't be high enough to get to basking temps..

I'm open to suggestions. I'm keeping the sand tho. Amazon.com

Last edited:

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
As for the dessert sand both my dragon and I are really big fans :)
He does build his own burrows though or uses the pieces of bark I did lean against the back wall (I did burry them about half way). He's not a fan of the bought stuff for some reason, maybe because he slipps off the smooth plastic.

Keep us posted on her health, how is she taking the treatment??

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As for the dessert sand both my dragon and I are really big fans :)
He does build his own burrows though or uses the pieces of bark I did lean against the back wall (I did burry them about half way). He's not a fan of the bought stuff for some reason, maybe because he slipps off the smooth plastic.

Keep us posted on her health, how is she taking the treatment??
I suck at the needle, I think I messed up because I didn't go straight home to put them in the freezer and they may have evaporated a little. I'm very afraid of pumping air into her, it doesn't look like the med goes out of the needle with I try to get the air out..I'm going to let the vet do these. I have zero confidence with things like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom