Can you tell its SPRING !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomek

Juvie Member
Wow!, the first 65 degree and sunny day here in Chicago and my beardies are going CRAZY!!, they are scratching their cages, wanting outside and messing up their cages. Anyone else experiencing this SPRING behavior change? :blob8:

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Yep mine too he has been doing much of the same. Mine is in a 55 gallon and i hopefully can get him a new cage built this summer. When they scratch it makes me want to get it done right away but time is hard to come by.

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
55 gallon is pretty big though? I feel really bad when mine scratches. No matter what I am doing, I feel like I have to take her out. Spring is in the air !

mcasper27

Same here in Wisconsin. Spike just seemed to know it was nice this past weekend...always scratching with his little "let me out pwwwwwweeeeeeesssssssseeeeeeeeee" look lol.

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Same here in .. Canada. Haha. It's been spring-like all winter! It was a balmy 16 C on Friday! (61 F for you americans :p)

We are finally having great weather, clear sky's and in the 70's and Loki was going nuts today. From jumping off his perch and face planting the glass, scratching it, running laps in the cage, and if I do not take him out he will just keep biting decorations and head but the glass. I tried cleaning his cage, but he is still going crazy.

He does not show any stress marks, but he won't stay still. Most of the time he spends the day watching me on top of the basking area except for today.

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That is so weird because my Tomek is doing the SAME THING. She is going to get a sore nose from her banging on the glass. It has been unusually warm weather here (early spring) and she is GOING NUTS!, she doesnt want to go to bed and is jittery and up at 10:00pm scratching. I do have a cage outside for her and put her out there to get some sun, but, she wants to stay out there all day and night. :blob8:

hrdedman

I'm having the same reactions in California with my male Oliver but my two female must not realize it yet...

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Figment has had spring fever for a couple weeks already. (I'm in SW Florida.) But Fluffy has become much more active this weekend.

nikipop

Hatchling Member
I am wondering if this is what is happening to Zelda. She has been crazy trying to get out of her viv for a week now noatter how much I take her out and stopped eating 3 days ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom