First time spring crazies

natnat

So my 1 year old male beardie seems to have been having the spring crazies the past few weeks. Normally he's content to just chill and bask and wander around outside a little but now he's constantly moving and wanting to be let out to run and he tires himself out by 4 pm. Is this just normal male hormonal spring crazies? Just curious cause it's the first time I've experienced this and wondering how long it lasts. He's still eating and pooping normally, he's definitely a male so it's not egg laying behavior. His viv is 120 gal 100 deg basking spot, 85 deg cool side, UVB arcadia T5 D3 + in a reflector inside the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So my 1 year old male beardie seems to have been having the spring crazies the past few weeks. Normally he's content to just chill and bask and wander around outside a little but now he's constantly moving and wanting to be let out to run and he tires himself out by 4 pm. Is this just normal male hormonal spring crazies? Just curious cause it's the first time I've experienced this and wondering how long it lasts. He's still eating and pooping normally, he's definitely a male so it's not egg laying behavior. His viv is 120 gal 100 deg basking spot, 85 deg cool side, UVB arcadia T5 D3 + in a reflector inside the tank.
Sounds like spring fever-+ does he calm down after being let out for awhile?

natnat

Original Poster
Sounds like spring fever-+ does he calm down after being let out for awhile?
Yeah he'll calm down and look out the window for a little but then he just wants to run laps going in and out of his tank for a while. I feel bad when I have to leave for work he knocks everything over in his viv while I'm gone. How long does spring fever last? I've heard it could be months... hopefully he'll slow down a little lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yeah he'll calm down and look out the window for a little but then he just wants to run laps going in and out of his tank for a while. I feel bad when I have to leave for work he knocks everything over in his viv while I'm gone. How long does spring fever last? I've heard it could be months... hopefully he'll slow down a little lol
Every dragon is different+ my one goes thru it starting in January or February - 3 weeks to a month - this year I think it was a little longer- drives me crazy-

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
it's the zoomies!!!!! (driving us CRAZY right now lol)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom