Can I house two females together

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Zoeymybeardie":alj19arc said:
... after seeing all that I will never attempt to put two together

That crazy thread is super scary. :shock: Our local reptile shop (which knows better by the way) put a male and female together that they were intending to sell, and the next morning the male was missing 1/2 his tail and it was a bloody mess. :( That male has healed now and he is GORGEOUS but he is missing 1/2 his tail! :(

I'm so glad you changed your mind. If we really could put 2 together I would have 12 beardies but instead I only have 6... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah I know they I are stupid I wish I could work at a pet store though I would make sure that don't happen but they don't let 13 year olds work stupid

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Aww you have a few years to go but that gives you time to study your reptiles so you know everything by the time you can work. :D

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
True but I probably know more then most of the workers there like seriously why do the have five beardies in one tank and it's like a 10 gallon actually at one pet store I seen a full grown one in a 10 gallon and it only had a 5 inch flat rock I wish I had the money to give it a good home and the space but once I move I will probably get a blood red in a second tank or the one at that petstore

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Because the more animals they can fit in a small display, the more they can sell. It's all about volume and profit. The more tanks they have the more lights they have to have, etc. So they have less tanks and more animals to a tank. :(

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
hey well that shouldnt be aloud because thats just like saying i got a 10x10 shack 1 bed 5 of you people go live in it that should be considered animal abuse

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well if I got a female will find out in a bit but if it is then I will be housing two females toghther I talked to Winnipeg reptile store he does it with all his so I will be doing to possibly

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Zoeymybeardie":36q8jlw2 said:
Well if I got a female will find out in a bit but if it is then I will be housing two females toghther I talked to Winnipeg reptile store he does it with all his so I will be doing to possibly

If the Winnipeg Reptile Store Jumped off a bridge would you do it to? Come on Zoey... :roll:

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well I know lots o people who's do it do do you know what I really don't care what everyone says I know someone who had 12 three months baby's no problem that's where I got my Zoe from and have fun with ten tanks two males won't work but two females do u got your opinion I got mine

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Don't have an attitude. People are just trying to help you. If you don't like the opinion, then don't follow it. It's your loss if one of the dragons dies from you housing them together. If you already know what you're going to do, then why ask a question, that is going to incite some passion among members? Do what you want, but seriously consider what's best for the dragons, not best for you. If you don't have the room for another tank, then don't get another dragon, simple as that. If you still want to do it, then go ahead, just don't expect sympathy if one of them gets hurt, because you didn't take the consideration of others into account.

I know you're 13, but that doesn't mean you can't act like a grown up in this situation. Meaning, think of others before yourself...Others being your dragons.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Wel alls I have to say is u guy tell people not to and then you show them that one persons incident like I seen and do you even know this guy what if they weren't to females from this site I hear that you can't do it and it dosent work and talk to people I acctually know and it works that guy that you guys give that link to with all those bit off arms and legs and that how do you know that just weren't birth problems and he lied or he put a male with femae or male with male and occasionally it work with males or he didn't put a baby with an adult size matters two so u guys are following this one guy that started showing people some link on bd.org

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
You make no sense.

Anyway, No, It's been proven that it doesn't work. It's not just for show, it's not just a story. Do what you want, you seem to be going to do that anyway. Apparently nothing anyone says can change your mind, so why bother?

If you don't want to believe, that's your own hangup and problem. You're only putting your dragons at risk. :roll:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
The argument isn't that two females will always mutilate or harm each other. The argument is that you are taking a RISK when you put two bearded dragons together. So there is a RISK that they will injure or kill each other.

You are willing to take the RISK. The rest of us here are NOT willing to take the risk. We just don't understand why the RISK is more important to you than your dragons. That's all.

It is your decision and you are free to do what you want to do. I am glad you asked and I hope your dragons bring you much happiness. :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's LG that you're referring too and she indeed was maimed by her cage mates. Also wanted to mention that putting 2 males together never works, they will fight to the death!

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Don't get me wrong I love my Zoe but if it worked for so many other people and one guy post about dragons fighting and you guys don't even know who it is then why r u guys trusting this one guy and what ***** takes a pic of dragons fighting what does he watch them do it see me though I would make sure I had enough money to buy a sec tank first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom