Can I house two females together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Within the year I want to house to females in a 48x18x24 lxwxh can I do it mine will probably be 8to12 months by then

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Zoeymybeardie":1iw33hin said:
But the breeder I got them from does it and do many other people do it with no problem

Zoey i think that the point is, you asked us a question and the general consensus around here is culminated in that thread. We frown upon it, there I said it. It only takes one time for you to lose one of your babies. It sounds like you already have made your mind up to do it, and now you're coming here for approval that none of us is going to give.

Nuka042

Hatchling Member
What others do and what you do are two different things. A breeder is under more harsh conditions of caring for MANY bearded dragons for the purpose of breeding and selling. What you are trying to do is raise two bearded dragons for the sake of having pets (since two females can't possibly breed together). Why risk them fighting? Why risk one or both of them needing their legs or tail amputated? They deserve their own habitat since bearded dragons are naturally solitary animals. Read the thread that was linked in the first comment, that thread goes in depth as to the reasons for not housing two dragons together. Also if you house them together you do run the risk of if one gets sick the other will get sick as well (vet bills can be expensive for one sick pet, now trying to have two sick pets).

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
Zoeymybeardie":64gpf3pj said:
Well what age was that guy outing them toghther at the older the worst the younger the better
Actually younger is not always better, babies housed together frequently bite the legs and tails of their tank mates, sometimes causing serious injury.

Nuka042

Hatchling Member
dylanravenj":2efx8rvc said:
Zoeymybeardie":2efx8rvc said:
Well what age was that guy outing them toghther at the older the worst the younger the better
Actually younger is not always better, babies housed together frequently bite the legs and tails of their tank mates, sometimes causing serious injury.

Agreed. Those were beardies of all ages. He didn't outline them in worst to best in terms of age, he was outlining that at ANY age cohabitation is not good.

Baby being housed with others.
Injuries%20%20(2).jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
dylanravenj":njx3vx4a said:
Zoeymybeardie":njx3vx4a said:

YES we just visited the maimed and crippled yesterday at a pet store. The dragons were so sad missing tails and legs and feet. :( It's so sad now they have to try and sell them as 'special needs.' They don't need anything special. Just their OWN tank. It's pretty simple.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
bearded dragons are solitary they have a huge amount of space in australlia. if another beardie comes on their territory they will fight to the death. arent all theses pictures proof enough why you shouldnt keep them together?

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yea I guess maybe when I move I will save up my money and get stacking tanks and the just get a super red male instead of two females

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I know a lot of people have responded, but I just felt the need to add one more resounding no to the thread. I'm currently in the middle of building a viv. Six feet tall, four feet wide, two feet deep. Two tanks stacked. The project is taking forever. It's tons of work and would be so much easier if I didn't have to have two separate homes. But that is the way it is because I have two dragons. Period. If you can't provide each dragon with it's own home, then you should only have one dragon.

jjh1

Juvie Member
agreed with all the above.

1 bearded dragon 1 viv... I have 3 5 foot vivs 1 4 foot viv for my bearded dragons.

I really hope you wait till you have money to provide another viv if you plan on getting another one

Joanne

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well it looks like I'm only sticking with because it is a boy apperantly the breeder didn't exactly knows so whatever I'm happy with either or and after seeing all that I will never attempt to put two together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom