can a beardie have parasites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirple

Hatchling Member
Stinky waste is just one symptom of parasites - if you have reason to believe they might be an issue, you can have a fecal test done to see. :)

If you're not sure, and not sure about spending the money without more certainty, you could explain why you think parasites might be the issue and people here could tell if you they think, in their opinion, if it's likely or perhaps something else. :)

Brenna

Original Poster
ive posted about the same issue just about 5 times. She's not eating besides what i making her take with a syringe and her poop is a small green nugget followed by a bunch of liquid. in another post i asked about impaction and in two others i described the whole issue in more details. i tried to get a picture up just now, but for some reason my phone isnt wanting to cooperate with my email.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Can't see the pic...

You have to upload it to Photobucket, then copy/paste the IMG link to the message body

Brenna

Original Poster
NOW here's her poop

poop.jpg

Brenna

Original Poster
Dooter":125naghc said:
Has she been eating much lately?
she hasnt been eating at all besides the green bean baby food and the applesauce im syringing her.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Brenna":fmln0g3k said:
she hasnt been eating at all besides the green bean baby food and the applesauce im syringing her.

Hmmm. What are her enclosure temps? What kind of UVB bulb are you using/how old is it?

Brenna

Original Poster
Dooter":rm8sob4a said:
Brenna":rm8sob4a said:

Hmmm. What are her enclosure temps? What kind of UVB bulb are you using/how old is it?

she's a year and a half... abouts... slightly older... uvb is a repti glo 2.0 26w. temps are about 100-105 in basking spot, bout 80 on cool side.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Brenna":30jef8ti said:
she's a year and a half... abouts... slightly older... uvb is a repti glo 2.0 26w. temps are about 100-105 in basking spot, bout 80 on cool side.

The temps sound good, but I'm thinking the UVB bulb you have might be causing a lack of appetite. ReptiGlo's are known to not be good for beardies, causing a whole slew of health issues (you can do a forum search on here to see all of the various problems they cause).

I would get the bulb out of there ASAP, and try getting her outside into the sunshine - even just a 1/2 hr/day, more if you can.

You will want to get a ZooMed ReptiSun 10.0 tube, or an Arcadia d3 12% tube - these are the only UVB bulbs recommended for beardies.

Try the sunshine - I bet it will spark her appetite.

Brenna

Original Poster
hmmm, ive never even used another brand though, why would it be causing problems now? im using the same on my other beardie and hes perfectly fine.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Brenna":2zyyohp9 said:
hmmm, ive never even used another brand though, why would it be causing problems now? im using the same on my other beardie and hes perfectly fine.

Some people have used the bulb with no issues - I'm not sure why some people have huge issues with it, and some have no issues. :|

I'd still get her outside for some sunshine and see if that doesn't help.

Also, is it possible that she is gravid?

Brenna

Original Poster
Dooter":1y51nn96 said:
Brenna":1y51nn96 said:

Some people have used the bulb with no issues - I'm not sure why some people have huge issues with it, and some have no issues. :|

I'd still get her outside for some sunshine and see if that doesn't help.

Also, is it possible that she is gravid?
gravid??? whats that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom