Campbell Jane *Very Sad News*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I just checked on Miss CJ and she's sleeping with her head up again. It's not resting on anything... she's just holding it up in her sleep. Crazy girl. :roll:

I wish she liked me a bit more. Cuddle time is always full of stress marks, open mouths, flared beards, and hisses. It makes me kind of sad. :( I will always love her even if she hates me, but it would be nice if we both liked each other. I'm hoping that it will come with time. After all, she was ignored and abused for 5 years, and she's only been here for four months. I know it'll take time - I'm just impatient!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I know its hard. She is just stubborn and has learnt that no one loves her. It will take time before she realises "that woman who pokes me" is a good pet to have. Ruben still hasnt warmed up to me, but he doesnt gape at me. i can imagine thats really disheartening.
Keep up with it Sandi.
One day she'll realise.

Holly x

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Agreed... give her time, she'll love you. At least she shows you pretty colors in her tank. I would be more concerned if she showed cranky lines all the time.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Jasper's Mom":4771d said:
I just checked on Miss CJ and she's sleeping with her head up again. It's not resting on anything... she's just holding it up in her sleep. Crazy girl. :roll:

I wish she liked me a bit more. Cuddle time is always full of stress marks, open mouths, flared beards, and hisses. It makes me kind of sad. :( I will always love her even if she hates me, but it would be nice if we both liked each other. I'm hoping that it will come with time. After all, she was ignored and abused for 5 years, and she's only been here for four months. I know it'll take time - I'm just impatient!

Sandy,
Have you tried the "between the light t-shirt" trick just before the lights go out, to see if she would be comforted, and cuddle stress free? She'll know it is bedtime, and when she got used to that, you could try different times of the day. I know my clan goes to sleep every night on me, before I put them in their caves. When they are glass dancing to come out during the day, I just put them under my shirt (just doesn't sound right, does it?) :roll: with their head poping out the top and still continue to do housework, etc. The top shirt holds them in place so they don't fall off when I'm bending and working. Would this be classified as a true "beardie slave"? :wink:
Miss CJ's past 5 year experience has been awful, so I'm sure she'll have a long re-location adjustment.
What do you have her basking temp at? We had someone on the site who had a docile beardie and then acted out, the owner just up'ed the temp a hair and the whole personality changed, I know some beardies like it really warm, closer to 110 than 105, but I think CJ's situation may be a little different. (I'm sure you thought of all these things............ so thanks for letting me babble.)
She knows who mommy is, and the trust will come.......I'm sure it's hard waiting for that day, you have been her saviour and will always be her trusted friend, she has been in a survivor mode for 5 years and now she has someone who really cares, that must be confusing in it's own right. Keep up the great work! :p

Bugs and hugs,
Christine <><

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks for the ideas Christine. She is not a fan of being between the two shirts - she wiggles out right away, no matter what time of day it is. She seems to prefer her basking temps at 101-103... any warmer and she won't bask. I'll just keep trying and being patient, and I'm sure she'll come around eventually. :D

I gave her one superworm with her slurry tonight. She wouldn't take it on her own, so I had to pop it into her mouth for her. She did chew it up and swallow it though. Now I'll wait for her to have three normal poops before I give her another. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Today during feeding time, she climbed up so that her chest was resting on my hand, and stayed there for quite a long time. It's the first time she's really voluntarily wanted to be near me, so it was kind of nice! :love5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awwwww! See, I knew she'd come around . . . when she's good and ready :D
Did you shed a tear? I would've, big time.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
All your hard work is finally working. I'm so glad she's cozying up to you. You deserve the love...and I think she's finally realizing that all you're doing for her is to make her feel better and healthier. You've done a great job! :D Hugs from all of us at the Buss Zoo :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Deborah, Roger, Lonzo, Sweetie, Issy, Rubio and Angel

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Jasper's Mom":3a28d said:
Today during feeding time, she climbed up so that her chest was resting on my hand, and stayed there for quite a long time. It's the first time she's really voluntarily wanted to be near me, so it was kind of nice! :love5:

That's the best news yet!!!!!!!!! It was only a matter of time, she's always loved you, it just was a matter of trust. (I cringe at the thought of her past) NO MORE! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Christine <>< :love5:

MissT

BD.org Addict
:roll: Hooray for voluntary love!! Its always nice when they finally stay close to you without being physically placed on you!

Jasper's Mom":9bab7 said:
I just checked on Miss CJ and she's sleeping with her head up again. It's not resting on anything... she's just holding it up in her sleep. Crazy girl
Abu does this every night..... I wonder how she doesnt have a sore neck but she never lies down flat and never rests her head on anything! :roll: strange....

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
We had another "hand cuddle" today. She seems to be quite happy to hold on to the back of my hand as opposed to sitting on my chest, so I guess that's how we'll cuddle! She's a funny little thing.

I have a question - whenever she poops, there is this white membrane around the poop. I know that it's normal and that a lot of beardies have the same thing, but does anyone know why it's there or what it's function is? I did a search on the site but couldn't find any answers. I don't recall Jasper ever having that, although goodness knows I didn't watch his poop nearly as carefully as I watch hers.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The only time I see this membrane is when our dragons eat silkworms or waxworms. The membrane is white and seems waxy, but otherwise I've never seen that. I'm so glad she's starting to cuddle with you, even if it's your hand. It shows that she's starting to trust you and after all the abuse she's been throught that a very positive step forward, YEAH!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
Deborah & my zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom