Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
gulfbrzdawn":d531f said:
haleygirl272":d531f said:
I'd sneak on the computers at school! lol

Uh huh.....is that what you are doing right now, haleygirl? :lol:

Actually.... no jk, im on spring break. :wink:

We are allowed to do that though, check on our stuff with school computers.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yup, she's still doing fine. She ate all her slurry, and took her water and her medicine like a good girl today. She also had another big poop so I guess we're back on schedule there too. She seems to be getting more energetic and active every day - I guess she can tell spring is coming. Today she took a nose dive off the couch and scared me to death. She face planted and I spent the better part of an hour examining her for damage. She's fine though. :roll: When I left to come in to work she was cuddled up with fuzzy bunny in the corner of her viv. I'm sure that's exactly where she'll be when I get home too.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so happy to hear that CJ's still doing well and being a good girl!
Has she shed her body yet? I'm dying to know what beauty lies beneath all that ick.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Aww! Snuggling with fuzzy bunny just in time for Easter! Probably sucking up to get something extra nice this year!! :p

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She hasn't shed her body yet unfortunately. She's not even showing signs of starting! She shed a little tiny piece of her messed up back leg, but not enough that I can figure out what's going on. I wish she would shed her body - there is a very defined line between where she's shed and where she hasn't, and her colours are so pretty on the part that's already shed.

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..I agree..we are waay lacking a CJ fix! LOL...I'm really anxious to see what beautiful colors lie under all the ick she has on her because of the way she was kept before she came to you. She will probably be the most beautiful vibrant yellow. As a matter of fact, you should take some pictures when she's all done shedding, and she's all beautiful, and send it to the previous owners with a note that says "This is what well LOVED and PROPERLY CARED FOR beardies look like."
Please procure some batteries..and hurry!!.. :D

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I got some batteries (16 AA's for $8 at Walmart! Wow!) so I should be able to get some pics when I get home from work tonight.

My vet told me an interesting story yesterday. A beardie came in to the clinic as an emergency yesterday, just like Campbell was after her "incident". Not breathing, no heartbeat, eyes bulged, mouth open, tongue protruding, and black beard. Initially the person who saw her thought that she was dead and there was nothing to be done. But then my vet said "No, there's still a chance!" and he did the same things to this beardie that he did to Campbell. Sure enough, he got her heart started again, and they put a tube down her lungs and "breathed" for her. After about 45 minutes she started to come around, and by the next day she was ready to go home. Her people didn't want to do all the follow up work that I had done on Campbell, so the vet has no idea what caused it. Of course, we still don't know what caused Cam's episode either!

I just thought it was kind of cool that my vet's experience with Campbell helped him to recognize that this beardie was not dead, and to save her life. In some small way, she has had a part in improving things for other beardies. :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom