Calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonador

(I didn't think there was a more appropriate forum...)

Hi guys~

Well, I recently rescued a Bearded Dragon, and am currently feeding her superworms and kale. I'll feed crickets as often as I can, but the pet store is quite a drive and those bags barely last more then a few days!

Now onto my question:

When I went to the pet store last, I forgot to pick up calcium. So, I got home and was feeding my leopard gecko when I realized: She has a half bottle of Leopard Calcium left!

I've had Phoenix, the gecko, for almost a year now, and she's barely used any of the calcium. I'm very aware it was designed for Leopard Geckos, but do you think that the calcium would be fine for Lyra, my dragon? If not, I'll go buy seperate powder for her, no worries. Just asking.

The exact name of it is: "Repashy Super Foods-Leopard Gecko Calcium + (Plus).

And also-I have half a bottle of sprayable calcium left from when I sprayed Phoenix's worms. The worms got too sticky, so I gave up...but now I just have this perfectly good calcium that's just lying around. It's about four months old...it can't go bad can it? If it's still fine, what should I spray it on? (Just the veggies, the insects, both, ect.)

Thanks in advance!

vampy

Juvie Member
I wouldn't use the gecko calcium stuff as that is a complete set of vitamins and calcium designed for geckos, and might have the other nutrients in different proportions than a beardie needs. However the spray on calcium, so long as it's just calcium, is fine. Put it on his veggies and live food (other than phoenix worms which are naturally high in calcium) once feeding a day 5 days a week if he's a baby, or 3-4 days a week if he's an adult. He will need multivitamins too, once or twice a week.

I'd also stop feeding the kale, it binds calcium and limits absorption. Other dark leafy greens are better.

As for crickets, have you thought about ordering online? It's way cheaper than a pet store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom