Calcifer the Uro - Happy colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
-_-
I'm stuck at 98% uploaded. I'm just going to cancel the last one and post the pictures I have at the moment lol.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
OOOOOK here are the new pictures ((((:)

First pictures im going to show are of Calcifers new , not so recent anymore, home!

IMG_1225.jpg

In the above pictures the logs look dark cuz they just got done being cleaned. All the logs are safe for him to climb on and he does love climbing. In his old tank he didn't really have anything to climb on.

IMG_1223.jpg

The above is a picture of him claiming his soon to be, favorite spot. We will call it, Pride Log (like pride rock :mrgreen: )
He almost immediately climb on this when i put him in his new home. It's been his favorite spot, besides his cave, ever since.

IMG_1226.jpg

The above is him again on Pride Log, feeling much more comfortable and much more pridefull of his new home. This was maybe a month after the change of tanks.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
And here are the recent photos of Mr. Pride himself - Calcifer! (7/20/11)

IMG_1229.jpg

This was a shot of his tail shedding. It was the first time I've actually seen his tail shedding in all the time i've had him. I wan't to see if I can get the shed out of his tank before he tramples it all up. I think It would look cool.

IMG_1228.jpg

The above is another pic of the tail shedding. This was taken pretty early in the morning so that might be part of the reason why he is dark. I don't know if they get dark from shedding like beardies do. Tbh, the skin under the shed looks exactly the same.

It's kinda cool seeing him still shedding because it means he still is growing, but it must be at such a slow rate. Maybe HE will stop growing, but his tail wont :shock:

Well, Thats all for tonight folks. Sorry for the long delay.

-Brandon

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Nice, he looks great and so does the enclosure. Were did you find the logs? With Gaulam I have not been able to ever determine if he gets dark from a shed either but, he is in yet another shed himself. What particular birdseed are you using?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Oh shoot I don't remember which birdseed. I know its very cheap though :?

I know I have a bag of it somewhere in my garage I will try to find it and I will tell ya.

I actually found the logs on a fishing trip. Brought them home and soaked em in bleach for like, a day lol. Kept replacing the bleach water though. Then rinsed.

Glad you like the tank.

-Brandon

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I do really like the tank, I just noticed we have the same caves for our uros LOL. Do you only have one in there or more?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It's just one cave. Its right under the basking light so it stays pretty warm through the night. It holds its heat surprisingly well actually. It was the only one I could find that was a very low ceiling.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well, I checked on him this morning and his tail shed is MIA!

But, his back is starting to shed now. I will snap some pictures if he ever comes out of his cave.

-Brandon

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
claudiusx":2cvkqina said:
Well, I checked on him this morning and his tail shed is MIA!

But, his back is starting to shed now. I will snap some pictures if he ever comes out of his cave.

-Brandon

you know this is something I have been curious about, Gualum will sit in his hide a lot, should I life or remove them sometimes to keep him active or this really just the normal?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Psh, Calcifer is in his hut 95% of the day. He only comes out when he hears me ripping his greens above his cage. I think he finally figured out that that noise means food.

Only on the rare occasion will I walk in on him and he be on Pride Log or running about. He has actually dug out some of the seed between two of the logs and has made himself a selfmade little cove of sorts. It's pretty neat, but he sure wedges himself in between those logs. Makes his cave I bought him seem like a 10 foot ceiling.

I don't think there is any problem with lifting up the hide to move him or anything. I do it sometimes when Calcifer isn't feeling too photogenic. (which might be why he made a little cave that I can't really reach him in unless I rearrange the whole darn tank lol.)

-Brandon

Megatron

Whats up Brandon? Here I am. Glad to see some Uro owners on here too. I dont usually post too much but I think I am going to try and show my boys a little more attention (Megatrao the Beardie and Kane the Yellow Uro).. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

I read a few of your posts and seems like our Uros have a lot in common. I have mine on some type of ReptiBark so he could burrow but when I got him, about five months ago, I wanted to do the birdseed. How has that gone for you? I think I may switch so its softer for him, cheaper for me to change regularly and not so harmful if eaten.

Seems to be relatively shy like yours, always wanting to run, but ok if held. Also very similar when he is burrowed a good portion of the day. My girlfriend sees him out basking when she wakes in the morning, a few hours after me.

Gonna try and get some pictures up shortly, and eventually going to finish building his new tank. I went to IKEA and saw these bookcases that were 50" tall, by 20" wide and 20" deep. My idea is to lay it on its side and make some kind of front for the doors.

Enough for tonight but I will try to post daily or atleast a few times a week. Glad to be here.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks for stopping by the thread. Posters in the Uro section are always welcomed! We don't get enough of 'em here!

I love the birdseed. I wouldn't house on anything else and I wouldn't recommend to anyone to house on anything else. I'm not saying that everything else bad, im just saying its my favorite.

Would love to see some pictures!
You should also take pictures of your build as your doing it. Post them here since your building it for you Uro! We all would love to see that and your Uro Kane!

Is Kane a Saharan too?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom