Calcifer the Uro - Happy colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Brandon, Sorry I didn`t see your Naughtica`s post or Calcifer until today, but went through both. The video of Calcifer was great & just loved Naughtica`s reaction to her (let me out so I can eat her :mrgreen: ). I really loved the butt wiggle, too, and I can see how she`d be able to get up on her two feet, she did it for a second a few times. I`ll be keeping an eye on her. I`ve never has a Uro, but they are very cute & I just love her colours.
Deb

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Deb!

Thanks for stopping by, I am glad you liked the video!

She can stand on her hind legs much better while she is in her tank, probably because she has something her feet and tail can sink into, but being on the floor doesn't stop her from trying! haha.

-Brandon

Your Uro is so beautiful! LOVE the colors!! I really liked your video. It was so funny! I didn't know they would stand like that. Going to have to try that with spike! Whenever I figure out how to post pics, I will post some of spike. He/she is not as colorful as yours, but mali uros are still cute too :D Also any advise on sexing them? Beardies are much easier to sex. I have tried, but can't really tell. Anyhow have a good one!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks!

Glad you liked Calcifer and her video! :mrgreen:

I am not 100% sure on sexing them. I BELIEVE you can tell the same way you can with beardies, by bending the tail backwards, but im not sure if that is accurate.

-Brandon

Calcifer is such a beauty! I like her name, too...is it a reference to Howl's Moving Castle?

I desperately want to get a Uro of my own, namely an Arabian blue (U. philbyi), so I'm doing as much research as possible. If you don't mind me asking, what size is her tank? Do you have any pics of the whole setup, including the lighting? Also, what brand/type of birdseed do you use for her substrate? Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
astraldisaster":yavuwqj0 said:
Calcifer is such a beauty! I like her name, too...is it a reference to Howl's Moving Castle?

Actually it is, you are the first person to ever get that reference I think! lol.

She is in a 40g breeder, for most of her life she has had just a basking bulb and a reptisun 10.0, but I am thinking of switching to using a powersun with her.

Honestly there is no certain brand of birdseed I buy, I just go to the store whenever I need to replace her feed, find a high quality one so that it doesn't have much dust, and make sure it has no sunflower seeds in it. If it meets those requirements I buy enough bags of it to fill her tank.

She has a hide on both the cool side and the hot side, but thats about it for tank deco.

I won't be able to get any pics up for awhile but if you skim the thread you should be able to find a few pics of the tank.

-Brandon

Thanks for the reply. :) A 40 breeder is what I was going to use if I get a Uro, with a hide on each side and maybe a basking platform. What wattage heat bulb do you need to get the desired temps?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It seems to change depending on the bulb I get. Atm I am using a big huge 75 watt halogen floodlight.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom