Calcifer the Uro - Happy colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
the size depends on the type of uro. Egyptian uros are the biggest and can get pretty large, close to the size of an adult dragon. Mine is a saharan uro and Im pretty sure he is full grown at about.... (going to check right now.....) he is about a foot give or take an inch or two. I don't have a measuring instrument at the moment but might be able to get measurements later tonight.

As for them being housed together. That is out for debate and since I only have one uro, I have no experience with that, and therefore, no room to get information about. I have seen people saying they are solitary animals, but I've also seen them housed together. It could all just depends on the temperaments of the two uros.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Here are some more pictures of calcifer.

ca10.jpg

Can I have food now!

Here are some pictures so you can see what the body looks like:
ca11.jpg

ca12.jpg

ca13.jpg

and last but not least. Calcifer decided to come and give me a hug :p
ca14.jpg

-Brandon

Cee

Now this may seem like a dumb question, but bare with me. Now, i know that bearded dragons spikes dont hurt when they touch you, but do his tail spikes hurt?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
His talk spikes are extremely hard and his tail is pure muscle and probably twice the size in circumference of a beardies. I've never been whacked (hard) with his tail but he has love tapped me and I noticed it :p. In the wild it is there main defense mechanism if im correct.

Domestic uros are usually nice though. The first time I saw calcifer I picked him up and he didn't try to hit me with his tail at all. If they feel threatened they are more inclined to run then to whack ya. Plus, i doubt the whack would actually hurt but you would notice it. He has never tried to bite me i'm not even sure it is in their nature. He has never even opened his mouth but to eat :p

Make sure if you have questions to ask. No such thing as dumb questions.

PS I would take a picture with a my girl naughtica and calicfer side by side to show the difference in the tails but every time naughtica sees calicfer she stars head bobbing and getting very territorial :p

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Actually now that I think about it, I might try to get them to be side by side for a minute so i can snap a picture in the difference of tails between beardies and uros :p.

Im on a mission now :)

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Ok got the pictures. It was hard since naughtica snapped at calcifer but calcifer is a lover not a fighter and he cooperated.

tail2.jpg

tail1.jpg

Nughtica has a pretty big tail too so here is some comparision between the two. Naughtica is about a 3 year old female beardie.

-Brandon

Cee

Yeah, there is quite a difference between their tails! Nice names, by the way, they are unique! :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Just a question to other uro owners: Have any of you tried bathing your uro before? I never have and don't have a water bowl in his tank either since he gets his moisture from greens. Wondering if any other uro owners have had good experiences with bath time.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Haha, he is a Uromastyx not a bearded dragon :p Naughtica, spyro, and the only baby I kept from their clutch, (which I haven't introduced to this website yet) Jorgan Von Strangle, are bearded dragons that I own.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom