Burrowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

therese30

My bearded dragon burrows when he is ready to go to sleep for the evenings. It is very sweet! Almost cat like. Does anyone else have one that does this?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Beardies dig because they want to find somewhere safe and enclosed to sleep.
It sounds like he would definatly benefit from a hide.

Dexter used to dig at night untill I made her a hide.
I made a temperary 'makeshift' hide whilst I try (and fail a few times) to build her one from wood. All you need to do is get a shoebox and cut a small door into it. Inside you can add a section of towel/flannel if you like. I did because my dragon loves soft surfaces and dragons do like to feel surrounded and safe whislt they sleep.
boxsleeping.jpg

sleepingbox.jpg

As you can see it takes 5 minutes to make!
Build her one and pop her inside/half inside on the first night as she might be too much of a fraidy cat to explore it herself.
Dex took to hers like an alcoholic to a good scotch.
She also stopped digging and seems happier.

Might be worth a try for your baby?

therese30

Original Poster
I put a dry fluffy washcloth on his basking platform. He cuddled up in it all night. He loved it. I took it out this morning for the day time. He looks sooo happy :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom