Digging in hut at night right before bed

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, so I turned off my bearded dragon lights. Normally he goes to bed soon after. Which he did. However, right before he went into his hut/hide and seemed to claw at the wall a couple of times. As well as just move in there. Then, he left and slunked over to another tight corner to sleep. He also seemed more ready to sleep today than normal. I think he could have been clawing to turn around, or because it is a tight spot. I think he went in his hut because he was looking for a spot to sleep. Does anyone know why he would do this? I don’t think he is Gravid because he didn’t glass surf at all today and vet checked his tummy Friday for poop and felt nothing.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Okay— try and wipe off the excess purée with a wet q-tip, that’s probably what’s bothering him.
So, then Probably not gravid? Because I don’t think he has any other signs, but I’m really bad at being able to tell those things. I will try a q-tip. Thank you for the help.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I can’t tell— can you place him on a flat surface and curl his tail up a bit?
2AE15678-3BD7-41F2-B9C3-EB791EDFFD1D.jpeg
I tried and took it. Now I realize this probably isn’t very good either. I can try again if needed.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I'd definitely wipe off or stop with the puree. It having it on her face could be annoying her or promote bacteria to grow.

As for the digging, here are a couple of reasons that trigger my boy to dig:
- relocation/changing his tank
- brumation (burrowing)
- temps to high
- shedding
- beeing hungry
- stress in general (to much handling, outside to much, seeing something outside the window), that's a big one!!
- just for fun sometimes, it's natural to some extend

He did do it in the beginning when he wanted to sleep and it was mostly against a wall or rock. Nowadays he prefers to sleep up high on a branch.

Hope that helps :)

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I'd definitely wipe off or stop with the puree. It having it on her face could be annoying her or promote bacteria to grow.

As for the digging, here are a couple of reasons that trigger my boy to dig:
- relocation/changing his tank
- brumation (burrowing)
- temps to high
- shedding
- beeing hungry
- stress in general (to much handling, outside to much, seeing something outside the window), that's a big one!!
- just for fun sometimes, it's natural to some extend

He did do it in the beginning when he wanted to sleep and it was mostly against a wall or rock. Nowadays he prefers to sleep up high on a branch.

Hope that helps :)
Would it be ok if I let him get the purée off on his own? He got really stressed and upset when I tried. And I couldn’t do it very well.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom