Digging in hut at night right before bed

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, so I turned off my bearded dragon lights. Normally he goes to bed soon after. Which he did. However, right before he went into his hut/hide and seemed to claw at the wall a couple of times. As well as just move in there. Then, he left and slunked over to another tight corner to sleep. He also seemed more ready to sleep today than normal. I think he could have been clawing to turn around, or because it is a tight spot. I think he went in his hut because he was looking for a spot to sleep. Does anyone know why he would do this? I don’t think he is Gravid because he didn’t glass surf at all today and vet checked his tummy Friday for poop and felt nothing.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
If he does get it off by himself, he's probably good.

Give him time, earning his trust will take some time but that is in my opinion proof of their intelligence and their unique personality.

Luis would run away every time I tried to touch him and move a step backwards every time I entered the room. He even bit me twice trying to offer him food. He was a hard nut to crack and needed babysteps really. Now he eats out of my hand, sleeps on my neck and lets me clean the sand out of his nostrils and off his eyelids after he diggs.
He still hisses at my brother, when he's housesitting during my vacations, though 😂

Just take it slow and don't push him to hard, he'll come around :)

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
If he does get it off by himself, he's probably good.

Give him time, earning his trust will take some time but that is in my opinion proof of their intelligence and their unique personality.

Luis would run away every time I tried to touch him and move a step backwards every time I entered the room. He even bit me twice trying to offer him food. He was a hard nut to crack and needed babysteps really. Now he eats out of my hand, sleeps on my neck and lets me clean the sand out of his nostrils and off his eyelids after he diggs.
He still hisses at my brother, when he's housesitting during my vacations, though 😂

Just take it slow and don't push him to hard, he'll come around :)
Ok. Thank you!

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom