Bruised Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsaMatt

Hi i just woke up this morning to find this on my beardie, its only on one side, what should i do and how did this happen?
full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Are you sure there's a sight wound there or is it the tiny spot of shed developing ? If there IS a small wound you can use raw, unpasteurized honey on it. Just be sure there are no loose bugs in the tank if you do. You can also use a dab of Neosporin, but he might hate it if he gets any in his mouth. Raw honey is best on the mouth area.

EsaMatt

Original Poster
The thing is I found a dead cricket in the tank which went to hide behind the walls of the tank when i was feeding it the day before, could it be a cricket bite??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't really look like a cricket bite. I think it is an oncoming shed, as the skin/scales are looking off color a little bit. It has a pinkish to greyish tint to it right now.
Is he eating normally also?

Tracie

EsaMatt

Original Poster
He is eating really well upwards to 70 crix a day with squash as vege so thats always a relief, ill keep an eye and see if it gets worse

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, it sure sounds like he is eating a lot then! :D
Let us know how he is doing. I bet his face will be getting ready to shed soon.

Tracie

EsaMatt

Original Poster
His tail jusr started shedding haha! Which reminds me, is there any indication of damaged skin due to shed that i shd be aware of? Just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom