Brown in Urinate? (warning: pictures!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've seen that before but I'm not exactly sure what causes it. Could be slight dehydration. I've read that tinted urate can indicate excess calcium or vitamin supplement but I don't have any facts to back that. Is the tint just a one off thing or has it been occurring for a while?

Izzabelle

Original Poster
It's not a one time thing, but it isn't always there in the poop, it's just reoccurring sometimes. Sp, no idea then...?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What is your supplement schedule and overall diet? It's probably something dietary and can be fixed rather easily.

Izzabelle

Original Poster
I powder the Dubia roaches, super worms and horn worms once every 5 days and vitamin powder every other day.
I only feed one type of live insect a day, but I have to switch it up because my baby gets bored with one thing for whatever reason. And I feed him twice a day, but he's getting kind of fat so I'm trying to cut it down a little.

Izzabelle

Original Poster
Oh and for veggies I feed him a mix of mustard greens, collard, turnip, butternut squash, and the occasional red bell pepper.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds pretty good. Those are definitely good veges. What brand of supplements are you using? Does the bottle suggest a schedule? Try the vitamin powder every 3rd day in place of the calcium. I'd offer extra water by dropping a bit on his nose and see if he'll lick it up. Perhaps some extra hydration will help.

Izzabelle

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all the suggestions!
I use Rep Cal on both of these, (the calcium and the vitamins). The containers that these come in don't have a recommended schedule, I'm afraid.... I will start the vitamin powder every 3rd day instead, however. I'll also try getting him a bit more hydrated. Thanks so much!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK. If they don't have a suggested schedule, I'd go with 5 days per week with the calcium and then 2 days per week with the vitamin. That's a pretty often recommended general schedule that should work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tacobeardie
Top Bottom