Breeding feeders advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilddragons16

Hatchling Member
Hello world! I'm going to try to go off the grid with feeding. Breeding my own superworms, crickets, reptiworms and in the future see if i can breed silks! Wish me luck and any advice from people who have tried this would be great.

Mattrg

My advice would be to breed dubia roaches instead of crickets. I'm still a newbie to this kind of stuff but I have a roach colony and as far as I can tell its like breeding quiet more resilient crickets that smell better, are more nutritious and can't really escape unless you drop them. They do need heat though.

wilddragons16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I would love to, but my mom is very decisive on this point of no roaches in the house at all. She is terrified of them. So I make do with what I've got, which is crickets and supers and reptiworms, and eventually silks. Can you get two brood cycles out of one year? What I mean is, does it take so long to get worms from eggs its not worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom