Bred my bettas

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
That's pretty sweet actually
Yeah,

I wasn't sure what if anything I would get for them. It's a hobby, something that costs money lol So far it has cost me about $32 in frozen bloodworms for 2.5 months of daily entertainment and mental health enrichment. Next trip I break even. Trip after I'll need more bloodworms lol

But, since it's somewhat profitable I might talk to them about a planned out breeding project where I can get a bit more per fish. Based off others in the store they can sell for $7 - $80 depending on genetics. On principle I will not be breeding those $80 fish. Massive veil tail and massive dumbo ear fins. Poor things could barely move.

I breed for colors, patterns and maybe tail and top fin shape / size if reasonable and doesn't effect the fishes ability to swim. I could easily pull off the 40-60 range fish though. Half of the ones I dropped off will probably be in that range. The white male being top, maybe even close to the Dumbo's.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yeah,

I wasn't sure what if anything I would get for them. It's a hobby, something that costs money lol So far it has cost me about $32 in frozen bloodworms for 2.5 months of daily entertainment and mental health enrichment. Next trip I break even. Trip after I'll need more bloodworms lol

But, since it's somewhat profitable I might talk to them about a planned out breeding project where I can get a bit more per fish. Based off others in the store they can sell for $7 - $80 depending on genetics. On principle I will not be breeding those $80 fish. Massive veil tail and massive dumbo ear fins. Poor things could barely move.

I breed for colors, patterns and maybe tail and top fin shape / size if reasonable and doesn't effect the fishes ability to swim. I could easily pull off the 40-60 range fish though. Half of the ones I dropped off will probably be in that range. The white male being top, maybe even close to the Dumbo's.
You pretty much summed up quite nicely why i keep and want to breed beardies 🙂

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
You pretty much summed up quite nicely why i keep and want to breed beardies 🙂
When we got Alex I specifically said no silkies for the same reasons lol

Alex has a stripey pattern. Wife knows I like stripey animals lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
When we got Alex I specifically said no silkies for the same reasons lol

Alex has a stripey pattern. Wife knows I like stripey animals lol
I agree, silkies should not be produced, normal beardies are challenging enough for the majority of people, myself included.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
1000012302.jpg

Keeping this one, named it Rose.

El heffe

Beardie name(s)
Frankster
so cool , they are not what I expected , they grow up and are sooo pretty I have one , uno lol that lily pad is great very nice little fighting fish , mine looks like popped hubba bubba

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0218.jpeg
    IMG_0218.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom