Boobs???!??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzabelle

Okay, so I'm not too hot on bearded dragon anatomy. I know for sure these aren't boobs, of course- Bearded dragons don't have secondary sex characteristics. Are these pectoral muscles, fat storage, or even just bulges? lmao sorry...

86302-5216431334.jpg

ruben0311

Juvie Member
not muscle, do you have more pictures? can you get some from underneath? are the bulges symetrical on both sides? are they only visible when he's laying down or can you see them if he's in a raised posture? what do they feel like, hard or soft or do they move around when you push them? is there any visible pain or discomfort associated with them if you touch them?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, they actually develop what are affectionately termed " beardie boobs". lol....if you Google that exact phrase, you'll see inquiries asking the same Q as you did and lots of accompanying threads and even a youtube video. Usually prominent on chunkier dragons, male or female.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi8-oT1rrnMAhXKHD4KHTE7An8QtwIIKTAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjccV9jQPAX4&usg=AFQjCNGk99oLfU3rPlmycKiMs_ho5I3gEg&sig2=oNffwvgO9eWzKxEy0uIhcg

Izzabelle

Original Poster
Okay, so they're basically nothing to worry about, correct? LIke, just kinda fat storage there?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Right, unless as Ruben mentioned, there is one strange lump rather than the 2 fatty little pouches. We just need to watch that our dragons don't become too chubby, once the develop those it's time to be vigilant about a proper diet and exercise time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncook
Top Bottom