Blackbearding

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes. The UVB is the 14% arcadia bulb on mesh top and either the 60w or 75w basking bulb to reach 95-100 degrees. Would like to mention he has taken a couple of falls but landed on carpet. Just trying to think what might be the cause. Also, when at the vets, do you think having x-rays and blood work should be taken as well since he is 6 years old?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes. The UVB is the 14% arcadia bulb on mesh top and either the 60w or 75w basking bulb to reach 95-100 degrees. Would like to mention he has taken a couple of falls but landed on carpet. Just trying to think what might be the cause. Also, when at the vets, do you think having x-rays and blood work should be taken as well since he is 6 years old?
Yes on the X rays for sure - none of this was done- and I would get blood work done as well --- did the fecal test come back?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok. Also just dropped off the fecal sample and wont know until a couple days. So hopefully Friday but if not then possible Monday. Just trying to see what is the most important thing to do. I am not sure how much $$ this is going to cost for x-rays and blood work :eek:

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good news... he seems to be willing to come out and bask. Moving around a little bit.

Attachments

• IMG-0653.jpg
    IMG-0653.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG-0655.jpg
    IMG-0655.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 61

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Also noticed he has this crusty stuff around his eyes and lips... at first thought it was shed but its not he recently just shed. What is it? Is he dehydrated?

Attachments

• IMG-0656.jpg
    IMG-0656.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-0657.jpg
    IMG-0657.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 49

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like leftover/additional shed skin pieces to me. As long as they don't get stuck and eventually come free I don't see cause for concern.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hmmm odd.. so I took a warm wet cloth and wiped it off. Came off real easily. Did a search and found this "A dehydrated bearded dragon will often have sunken eyes, a wrinkled tail, and dry, flaky skin." He may not be severely dehydrated but mild?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hmmm odd.. so I took a warm wet cloth and wiped it off. Came off real easily. Did a search and found this "A dehydrated bearded dragon will often have sunken eyes, a wrinkled tail, and dry, flaky skin." He may not be severely dehydrated but mild?
Possibly - please offer him water by dropping or spraying his head w/ water and see if he will lick it -- keep dropping or spraying water till he stops or moves away -- you can take and place him on a salad plate spray his head and let the water run off on to the plate and see if he will drink it off the plate - I would do this every few days - I 've got a dragon that cant see very well and hes not been eating his salads - has a hard time getting the roaches and I haft to help him and this is how I give him water - we just got him over a liver infection - he was dehydrated so I am giving him water every 2 days w/ his roaches and feeding critical care herbivore every other day

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I took some water and dropped on his nose he was licking it up and then tried to move.
Did he drink very much? You can tell if hes dehydrated by his poops if the urate is dried out by chalky looking as well - it should be moist along w/ the dark poop

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Not really extra I'd say it was very dry. Also his skin just looks wrinkly.

Attachments

• IMG-0658.jpg
    IMG-0658.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 50

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom