Blackbearding

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes, he got xrays done but we were so focused on his lung issue. I scheduled another vet appointment but wont be available til Feb :( If it is pre-gout but not showing up on xrays, is it possible?
Uric acid levels needed to be taken for gout- so blood work Xrays wont show gout-- flagging to Tracie
@Drache613

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah his latest blood work panel.

Attachments

• Dyno test result.jpg
    Dyno test result.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 30

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
These are his first initial blood work taken when he had his fall/injury. So you can compare.

Attachments

• IMG-0804.jpg
    IMG-0804.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-0805.jpg
    IMG-0805.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 27

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Update: This isnt good, his other front leg now is starting to have muscle spasms/twitching :( I'm extremely worried. I dont understand. If his xrays and calcium levels are normal and does not indicate MBD what is causing this? @Drache613

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So I noticed on his elbow joint area is like a bump / nodule. Hard to kind of see but when you run your finger you can feel the bump/hardness and i did the exact same thing over on his other front limb (the better one) and did not find this "nodule/bump" and also it just overall swollen :(

Attachments

• IMG_5951.jpg
    IMG_5951.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5953.jpg
    IMG_5953.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5954.jpg
    IMG_5954.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5956.jpg
    IMG_5956.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 29

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So I noticed on his elbow joint area is like a bump / nodule. Hard to kind of see but when you run your finger you can feel the bump/hardness and i did the exact same thing over on his other front limb (the better one) and did not find this "nodule/bump" and also it just overall swollen :(
@Drache613

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He is having issues with eating :( He needs nutrients but trying to make a way to where im not having to force feed him which causes more stress. I was looking at Repashy products and was wondering if something like this would be ok to try: Repashy Beardie Buffet

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good news he did eat some of the Repashy Beardie Buffet still not eating as much but I guess he doesnt need much food now that he is 6 years going on 7 years old. The limb is still bothering him and also his back leg kicks out/ spread out i think to make up for the front limb. Not sure what is going on there. Seeing another vet in early Feb. Hopefully be able to find out more to whats going on with him.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He is eating silkworms and hornworms at the moment, alittle greens but not too much. He is really blackbearding and headbobbing a lot. Question on the silkworms since I havent had much experience with them. What does it mean when the silkworms color changing? Is it good or bad? I gave silkworm to him but it was half white/darker colors. Hopefully thats not a problem. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He is eating silkworms and hornworms at the moment, alittle greens but not too much. He is really blackbearding and headbobbing a lot. Question on the silkworms since I havent had much experience with them. What does it mean when the silkworms color changing? Is it good or bad? I gave silkworm to him but it was half white/darker colors. Hopefully thats not a problem. Thanks!
I am not sure about the color changing-- could be possibly going into a moth --- sounds like hormones raging -- normal for this time of the year - my 6 yr old doing the same thing beard going black to dark orange etc

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom