Blackbearding

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ahh okay. Figured as much since he just finished his brumation but wanted to make sure. I will post a photo as well of the silkworms.

Attachments

• IMG_6710.jpg
    IMG_6710.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 22

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Update on Dyno: He was seen by the vet and good news he doesnt have MBD or gout or broken bones/ dislocations but it was worth double checking. Since I have been giving him better feeders/calcium dusted daily per 1 feeding and using organic multivitamin powder from beardeddragonco
He seems to be doing better but still having issues with that limb trembling/using function/mobility. Did another few more views of xrays and showing there is some kind of stomach mass. The vet suspects he may have GNT which is Gastric Neuroendocrine Tumor and it might have spread to his other organs. On his blood tests it is showing high glucose (diabetes) and his uric acid level is going up. I ask the vet is there any treatment for it and she said no, so im wondering if anyone here has any information on it or insights?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Update on Dyno: He was seen by the vet and good news he doesnt have MBD or gout or broken bones/ dislocations but it was worth double checking. Since I have been giving him better feeders/calcium dusted daily per 1 feeding and using organic multivitamin powder from beardeddragonco
He seems to be doing better but still having issues with that limb trembling/using function/mobility. Did another few more views of xrays and showing there is some kind of stomach mass. The vet suspects he may have GNT which is Gastric Neuroendocrine Tumor and it might have spread to his other organs. On his blood tests it is showing high glucose (diabetes) and his uric acid level is going up. I ask the vet is there any treatment for it and she said no, so im wondering if anyone here has any information on it or insights?
They can treat the uric acid level -- which is gout allopurinol -- Tracie is going to haft to weigh in on the other issues
@Drache613

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So if his glucose is going up it could be due to Diabetic neuropathy is a type of nerve damage that can occur if you have diabetes. High blood sugar (glucose) can injure nerves throughout the body. Is there anyway to lower his glucose levels?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So if his glucose is going up it could be due to Diabetic neuropathy is a type of nerve damage that can occur if you have diabetes. High blood sugar (glucose) can injure nerves throughout the body. Is there anyway to lower his glucose levels?
I am diabetic and also suffer from gout - I take Allopurinol for the gout - and insulin for my diabetes - I dont know if they can put dragons on insulin or not -- I know they can for cats - Tracie can answer those questions but if he has a tumor as you posted did they say anything about surgery?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh okay. Her next steps suggest an ultrasound but it just going to keep going up and up in costs. I dont mind doing what I can for him but I also dont want to put him through all that stress when really there is no medication or anything except just wait/watch and hopefully doesnt progress :( He isnt showing any other signs no vomiting or blood in stool.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh okay. Her next steps suggest an ultrasound but it just going to keep going up and up in costs. I dont mind doing what I can for him but I also dont want to put him through all that stress when really there is no medication or anything except just wait/watch and hopefully doesnt progress :( He isnt showing any other signs no vomiting or blood in stool.
Its good you pulled him off the roaches and are feeding the silk worms now --- meds would be allopurinol for the uric acid levels and insulin for the glucose levels - are you getting the ultrasound done?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok. I'll wait and see what Tracie thinks. If she thinks it would a good idea to get the ultrasound done then I will just want to make sure he gets what he needs but without stressing him too much.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you have a copy of the blood tests you could post, or did you post it already & I missed it?
The vet said he didn't have gout, but are the uric acid levels high?
Have you scheduled an ultrasound for him yet? I hope he doesn't have any tumor or anything.
How high were his glucose levels? You could try some L-carnitine to try & balance out his glucose
levels. Do you feed him fruit at all, & what type of foods do you feed the insects prior to feeding
him?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry, I just reviewed some of the post again & had forgotten you had posted blood tests. The
uric acid levels are ok, at 4mg/dl.
I honestly haven't seen any cases where dragons were put on insulin for diabetes, etc. Are they
simply wanting to do an ultrasound to see if there are any issues with the stomach lining, etc?
How is Dyno doing today?

Tracie

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie, he seems to be acting normal besides his limb having mobility issues. The vet suspects he may have GNT because of the higher glucose, the first blood test was when he first got injured/ fell and then another recent blood work shows that it was elevated. I haven’t seen any blood in stool or him vomiting. Also the vet took another X-rays of him showing there’s some kind of stomach mass. The vet suggesting we do ultrasound to see what’s going on there.

Attachments

• IMG_6819.jpeg
    IMG_6819.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 32

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here’s the photos from the first X-rays taken this was right after his injury / fall. You can see some differences. At this time he was not showing any limb paralysis what so ever. The vet thinks this tumor is spreading and that might be the cause as to why his limb has partial paralysis.

Attachments

• IMG_6821.jpeg
    IMG_6821.jpeg
    607.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6820.jpeg
    IMG_6820.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

When was his fall again, how long ago?
If they think he could have a stomach tumor, try looking into getting some CBD for him. They need
to confirm whether it is actually a mass/tumor though to be sure.
An ultrasound would be a very good idea. When are they anticipating doing that?

Tracie

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
He had his fall injury in July but the soonest i could get him into vet was in Aug 11 2023 for the xrays to make sure he didnt break anything. You can also see some lung issues there in Aug as well, possible he could of bruised the lung or something going on there with the lungs as you can see in the latest xrays that has filled in some. Today, I found a little amount of blood, he looks to be straining alot, after he went i put him immediately in the bath, he drank some water then tried to go again. I am not sure if he just needs more fiber or if this is the tumor causing all of this. They pretty much left the ultrasound up to me to decide when to make that call, can take him anytime to do the ultrasound just giving him some time to recuperate since its stressful for him.

Attachments

• IMG_6941.jpg
    IMG_6941.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6943.jpg
    IMG_6943.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6944.jpg
    IMG_6944.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 27

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom