Black spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon just finished shedding and I noticed this black spot appeared afterwards. He has never had any spots like this. He is eating normally, basking and otherwise seems healthy. Not sure what it is. Please help!

biscuit260

Original Poster
My bearded dragon just finished shedding and I noticed this black spot appeared afterwards. He has never had any spots like this. He is eating normally, basking and otherwise seems healthy. Not sure what it is. Please help!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for the picture.

It kind of looks like a burn. Is he able to get very close to his basking lamp? Or other lights?

Could you post a picture of his full setup?

-Brandon

biscuit260

Original Poster
107991-9349869885.jpg
The distance he is from the lights hasn’t changed. However now that you mentioned it looking like a burn one of his red heat lights burnt out and I replaced it one day with a regular bulb (for a couple hours) but after using a lazer thermometer it was warm enough so I took it off. I feel really bad now. Will it heal on its own? Anything I can do to help it heal faster? Thank you for your help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The heat lamps don't look close enough to cause a burn though. How many watts was the extra bulb you used and how high was the temp. at that time ? You can put some raw honey on the spot, whatever it is, whether it's a burn or even if it's just crusty stuck shed, it will help clear it up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
And please dont replace the red bulb --- they are harmful to dragons eyes and can cause long term eye damage---- if you need extra heat get a Ceramic Heat Emitter --- it will need a dome fixture w/ a ceramic socket
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom