Attachments

• F6802121-DBDC-4704-9180-95839E8A2D32.jpeg
    F6802121-DBDC-4704-9180-95839E8A2D32.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 73

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so it can stay on top of the screen if you want to but the basking piece needs to be 8-10 inches directly below it-- or you can try removing the screen if you can and have no other animals in the house to get to the dragon and have the distance 12-15 inches directly above her -- I am not sure whats going on here w/ the lethargic behavior and not moving much -- how old is the bulb? It should not be more than 12 months old -- is she eating?

Jacob1289

Original Poster
Ok so it can stay on top of the screen if you want to but the basking piece needs to be 8-10 inches directly below it-- or you can try removing the screen if you can and have no other animals in the house to get to the dragon and have the distance 12-15 inches directly above her -- I am not sure whats going on here w/ the lethargic behavior and not moving much -- how old is the bulb? It should not be more than 12 months old -- is she eating?
It’s a brand new tube, I replace it every 6 months. I think this is all my fault because I have been slacking on the calcium intake with my job. I work 60 hours a week night shift and some days she won’t eat meaning she won’t get the calcium she needs. She’s never been a fan of dusted insects so I would have to mix her powder with water and feed it by mouth. She hates greens but I still put some in her terrarium now and then. The last time she ate, she seemed like she didn’t have the energy to chew and I was seeing worms that weren’t digested come out of her poop. She doesn’t have a solid white urate anymore either. She’s always been a light eater but not like this

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It’s a brand new tube, I replace it every 6 months. I think this is all my fault because I have been slacking on the calcium intake with my job. I work 60 hours a week night shift and some days she won’t eat meaning she won’t get the calcium she needs. She’s never been a fan of dusted insects so I would have to mix her powder with water and feed it by mouth. She hates greens but I still put some in her terrarium now and then. The last time she ate, she seemed like she didn’t have the energy to chew and I was seeing worms that weren’t digested come out of her poop. She doesn’t have a solid white urate anymore either. She’s always been a light eater but not like this
ok so shes dehydrated it sounds like and you can get liquid calcium from Drache613 she has it on her website Reptile Supplies by Bug-De-Lite I would ask her about the amount she needs --- and how is the spot going on her chest -- has that cleared up ? Bugs not digested are a sign of basking temps incorrect --- how are you getting basking temps and what are they ---? NO stick ons for gauges you want surface temps and they should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- take the probe where she sits for basking 10 min or so get the temp 95-100 -- they will not eat w/ out proper basking temps and UVB ---
@Drache613
@AHBD

Jacob1289

Original Poster
ok so shes dehydrated it sounds like and you can get liquid calcium from Drache613 she has it on her website Reptile Supplies by Bug-De-Lite I would ask her about the amount she needs --- and how is the spot going on her chest -- has that cleared up ? Bugs not digested are a sign of basking temps incorrect --- how are you getting basking temps and what are they ---? NO stick ons for gauges you want surface temps and they should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- take the probe where she sits for basking 10 min or so get the temp 95-100 -- they will not eat w/ out proper basking temps and UVB ---
@Drache613
@AHBD
Her temp is correct, I use a digital probe and it’s 95-105. She just sits on the cool side most of the time where her hammock is. How much water is good to give her each day? I stopped giving her baths because she would gulp the water like she just got done running a mile and puke it up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Her temp is correct, I use a digital probe and it’s 95-105. She just sits on the cool side most of the time where her hammock is. How much water is good to give her each day? I stopped giving her baths because she would gulp the water like she just got done running a mile and puke it up.
I would be giving her water on her nose see if she will lick it off her nose -- you can use a eye dropper but she really sounds dehydrated --- it sounds like she needs a vet visit w/ her losing weight please collect a fecal from her and take it in for a check up -- NO ENEMAS -- use this website to find a vet www.arav.org if your in a small town use a big city zip code closest to you --- but she does not sound well and it could be parasites causing the issue -- but you wont know till the do the fecal -- the behavior shes exhibiting can be caused by parasites being to high

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Reptisun 10 T5 tube is good, even on top of the screen. What is the distance from her to the tube bulb though? The screen can filter
out the UVB but not sure that is the entire culprit here. How long would you say that she has not wanted to use her back legs?
That is usually one of the first signs of metabolic bone disease development, lower body weakness. It doesn't look as though she has any
swelling of fingers, toes, limbs, etc like if it was gout developing.
I would recommend trying to get her on a liquid calcium since it is easier to get a more exact amount into her than just a powder is.
If she is having trouble climbing, or getting to an acceptable distance of her UVB, you could consider getting it secured directly underneath
of the screen so that she could have full UVB exposure. The distance of that particular bulb can be at 10 inches, as long as the basking
light is directly beside it for maximum brightness.
The tank, by the way is great, she must love the space.
I do have the stronger liquid calcium on my website, at:
www.bug-de-lite.com

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Jacob1289

Original Poster
I would be giving her water on her nose see if she will lick it off her nose -- you can use a eye dropper but she really sounds dehydrated --- it sounds like she needs a vet visit w/ her losing weight please collect a fecal from her and take it in for a check up -- NO ENEMAS -- use this website to find a vet www.arav.org if your in a small town use a big city zip code closest to you --- but she does not sound well and it could be parasites causing the issue -- but you wont know till the do the fecal -- the behavior shes exhibiting can be caused by parasites being to high
If she won’t eat or poop how am I supposed to get a fecal sample?
Hello,

The Reptisun 10 T5 tube is good, even on top of the screen. What is the distance from her to the tube bulb though? The screen can filter
out the UVB but not sure that is the entire culprit here. How long would you say that she has not wanted to use her back legs?
That is usually one of the first signs of metabolic bone disease development, lower body weakness. It doesn't look as though she has any
swelling of fingers, toes, limbs, etc like if it was gout developing.
I would recommend trying to get her on a liquid calcium since it is easier to get a more exact amount into her than just a powder is.
If she is having trouble climbing, or getting to an acceptable distance of her UVB, you could consider getting it secured directly underneath
of the screen so that she could have full UVB exposure. The distance of that particular bulb can be at 10 inches, as long as the basking
light is directly beside it for maximum brightness.
The tank, by the way is great, she must love the space.
I do have the stronger liquid calcium on my website, at:
www.bug-de-lite.com

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Her UVB bulb is within 10 inches and she has a log in the middle she can go on to get closer. It covers most of her tank. Her legs still work, but not like they used to. She just seems out of energy completely. I guess the question is whether she has parasites, a low stage of MBD, or is dehydrated. They are so hard to diagnose because the symptoms are similar for these. I just can’t imagine her having MBD. As you see, she has a perfect set up. I just don’t see it but also don’t want to rule it out. I started feeding her liquid calcium yesterday. Vet appointment is Tuesday. As for the parasites, I am no expert, but I feel like the risk of parasites is small with a mealworm/super worm/calci worm diet compared to crickets. She hasn’t eaten crickets in months. There’s been times I thought she may have parasites and got her checked and it wasn’t (but I guess that doesn’t mean it can’t happen now). How many drops of water do you recommend they drink from their nose? Like I said she often pukes if she drinks too much

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it is very hard to diagnose them. I doubt that parasites will be the culprit, either. Gout is also a possibility, too. Do you know
of anytime she could have fallen & hurt herself perhaps? A blood test is the best way to help determine renal function & gout.
As far as fluids, 1-2mls should be sufficient right now. Just go slowly & let her lick any water just off of the end of a dropper. That way,
she should't inhale it too quickly.
Let us know how things go at the vets.

Tracie

Jacob1289

Original Poster
Hello,

I agree, it is very hard to diagnose them. I doubt that parasites will be the culprit, either. Gout is also a possibility, too. Do you know
of anytime she could have fallen & hurt herself perhaps? A blood test is the best way to help determine renal function & gout.
As far as fluids, 1-2mls should be sufficient right now. Just go slowly & let her lick any water just off of the end of a dropper. That way,
she should't inhale it too quickly.
Let us know how things go at the vets.

Tracie
She’s not doing well. The vet also canceled my appointment and made it Friday because she couldn’t make it. I hope Nika makes it till then. She’s basically dead but alive at the same time. Her breathing isn’t normal, she’s still not eating after 4 days, when I try to feed her water she doesn’t even lick it. Doesn’t even seem like she has the energy to chew or lick anymore.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to hear this about Nika. I'm sure that this is just devastating for you. Keep trying the water and if it happens to be warm outside where you live take her out in the sun to sit on your lap or in the grass. Offer a little raw honey in her drinking water + try dripping that slowly on her snout.

Jacob1289

Original Poster
I'm so sorry to hear this about Nika. I'm sure that this is just devastating for you. Keep trying the water and if it happens to be warm outside where you live take her out in the sun to sit on your lap or in the grass. Offer a little raw honey in her drinking water + try dripping that slowly on her snout.
Unfortunately I live in Ohio where it’s always cold. She always loved being in the sun. She was always the most energetic when the sun was out. Nowadays it’s always dark, cold, and snowy out. I’m afraid she’s gonna choke on the water if I give it to her. I’m at the point where I’m force feeding her the water. She’s also gasping every time she takes a breath as if she can barely breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom