Black scab spot on chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob1289

Can anyone identify what this may be on my bearded dragon’s chest? It hasn’t always been there.

Attachments

• 5F140D3B-62FE-43F1-A78D-8892F7015C28.jpeg
    5F140D3B-62FE-43F1-A78D-8892F7015C28.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 148

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm not sure that's just scales, can you get more pictures in better light ? Just want to rule out a scab or some type of fungal growth.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It could possibly be a burn, not sure. Do you have any heating element such as a heating pad or an undertank heater
or heat rock that he could have burned himself on?

Tracie

Jacob1289

Original Poster
Yea I thought It might be some fungal growth
It is not a burn. I don’t use heating pads or anything like that. I use repti carpet with a 10.0 reprising UVB fluorescent tube and a 100 watt basking bulb. Forgetting about the mark on the chest, Nika doesn’t seem to be doing well. I’m taking her to the vet Tuesday. She’s not eating, and seems to be losing weight. With my work schedule (I work 6pm-6am 60 hours a week) it’s very difficult to give her everything she needs sometimes and I feel like it’s somewhat my fault. I’ve had her 5 years now, and she’s never acted like this. The bulges on her head used to be puffed up, and they are sunkin in. Her tail bones are showing more, but she still has a good belly. To sum it up, she’s very lethargic and lazy. Not moving at all, and she’s not very responsive. At some points I feel like her hind legs aren’t working, but sometimes I see them move a little if I hold her a certain way. She’s pooped recently so I doubt it’s impaction, but I read that low calcium intake can cause this possibly? I’ll be honest I haven’t been able to give her calcium like I used to. Sometimes I’m forced to mix it with water and drip it on her nose if she doesn’t eat. I’m just unsure what’s going on

Jacob1289

Original Poster
It is not a burn. I don’t use heating pads or anything like that. I use repti carpet with a 10.0 reprising UVB fluorescent tube and a 100 watt basking bulb. Forgetting about the mark on the chest, Nika doesn’t seem to be doing well. I’m taking her to the vet Tuesday. She’s not eating, and seems to be losing weight. With my work schedule (I work 6pm-6am 60 hours a week) it’s very difficult to give her everything she needs sometimes and I feel like it’s somewhat my fault. I’ve had her 5 years now, and she’s never acted like this. The bulges on her head used to be puffed up, and they are sunkin in. Her tail bones are showing more, but she still has a good belly. To sum it up, she’s very lethargic and lazy. Not moving at all, and she’s not very responsive. At some points I feel like her hind legs aren’t working, but sometimes I see them move a little if I hold her a certain way. She’s pooped recently so I doubt it’s impaction, but I read that low calcium intake can cause this possibly? I’ll be honest I haven’t been able to give her calcium like I used to. Sometimes I’m forced to mix it with water and drip it on her nose if she doesn’t eat. I’m just unsure what’s going on
I just got home from work and found her in a super awkward position as if she’s having trouble moving her hind legs. Her tail was bent under her and her legs were free falling while she was propped against her log.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just got home from work and found her in a super awkward position as if she’s having trouble moving her hind legs. Her tail was bent under her and her legs were free falling while she was propped against her log.
Please post a pic of the dragon and her tank and lighting -- is she using the legs or was she in a position where she was relaxing -- they will often do that let their legs free fall when sitting on something

Jacob1289

Original Poster
Please post a pic of the dragon and her tank and lighting -- is she using the legs or was she in a position where she was relaxing -- they will often do that let their legs free fall when sitting on something

Attachments

• DCE056DC-2BF6-4315-851A-AF793EF57EA2.jpeg
    DCE056DC-2BF6-4315-851A-AF793EF57EA2.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 98

Jacob1289

Original Poster
It is hard to say, she has no energy and refuses to move most of the time. I’ve picked her up and seen a little movement in her legs. I’m thinking she could have MBD

Attachments

• B6F4E333-CFCD-4AD6-B3D5-4AC382D502E5.jpeg
    B6F4E333-CFCD-4AD6-B3D5-4AC382D502E5.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 85

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is hard to say, she has no energy and refuses to move most of the time. I’ve picked her up and seen a little movement in her legs. I’m thinking she could have MBD
What are you using for a UVB brand and bulb coil or a tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom