Growths on 19 year old beardie

Achilles’mom

I’m looking at getting my girl into a reptile vet, but wondering if anyone might know what these are. I noticed the one on the foot a few days ago, and have been cleaning it. The one on the chest I just noticed today.

Just to add, she is 19 years old and has been struggling some to get around, but is still eating.

Attachments

• IMG_1874.jpeg
    IMG_1874.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1872.jpeg
    IMG_1872.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 66

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m looking at getting my girl into a reptile vet, but wondering if anyone might know what these are. I noticed the one on the foot a few days ago, and have been cleaning it. The one on the chest I just noticed today.

Just to add, she is 19 years old and has been struggling some to get around, but is still eating.
We need ahbd to take a look
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Needs an experienced vet ASAP , they look like different types of abnormalities. The foot looks like it's swollen + infected and probably painful. Might be a cyst or abscess.
Not sure what's going on in the neck/chest area. Wish I could help more, hope that you can find a successful treatment for her. Drache613 [ one of the mods. who is a vet tech ] might have some ideas, she's on later in the night.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko

Oh wow, I was so quick to look at the pics that I missed her age, you say she is 19 yrs. old ? Do you mind if I ask where you got her ? Have you had her all those years ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, 19 years old? Have you had her the entire time?
I definitely would try to find a vet who can analyze those areas. I agree with AHBD that those areas
are likely an abscess of some type. How long have they been present, other than the one on her chest
that you just noticed?

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Holy smokes 19 .... WOW
I thought it was going to be a typo. Your husbandry must be superb 👌
I agree with the others, I would seek a vet asap.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
19 years old?! That's old! Agreeing with all the others, help with a vet needs to be done asap.

Achilles’mom

Original Poster
@AHBD @Drache613 @KarrieRee @xp29 @Hazel_Basil10

Sad update…

Thanks everyone for your replies. I took her in to a vet that handles reptiles. She said that the foot was an abscess, and her chest has tumors that are most likely painful. So, between that, and her going downhill the past year (difficult time walking, getting stuck on back, not wanting to eat), we decided to put her to sleep. I was able to hold her, wrapped up as a beardie burrito, until she fell asleep.

And just to answer questions: yes, she was 19. I’ve had her since she was a baby. I got her from a local aquarium store that also sold reptiles and amphibians. I was only 16 when I brought her home. I just keep reminding myself that she had a long, healthy life.

Thanks again for your help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Sad update…

Thanks everyone for your replies. I took her in to a vet that handles reptiles. She said that the foot was an abscess, and her chest has tumors that are most likely painful. So, between that, and her going downhill the past year (difficult time walking, getting stuck on back, not wanting to eat), we decided to put her to sleep. I was able to hold her, wrapped up as a beardie burrito, until she fell asleep.

And just to answer questions: yes, she was 19. I’ve had her since she was a baby. I got her from a local aquarium store that also sold reptiles and amphibians. I was only 16 when I brought her home. I just keep reminding myself that she had a long, healthy life.

I agree she lived a long time --- I am sorry to hear tho- she will always be a part of you --
😥

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie

Sad update…

I'm sorry for your loss :( 😔 she lived a good life especially when she lived to be 19! I'm glad that you at least took her in and decided for her to not let her suffer much longer. Also, You did great keeping her alive for that long! I hope mine lives just as long as that!

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm so sorry to hear that, it is indisputable she was well loved and cared for. 19 years is an amazingly long life. You have my sincere condolences 😔

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, bless her. I am so sorry you had to let her go. Too bad she couldn't have gone at home, but at
least you were able to hold her so she was with you. What a blessing & gift to have been able to be
with her for so long!
I know she will be dearly missed...my condolences to you & your family.:cry:💞

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom