best insects to feed my beardie ludacris

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyk

what are the best insects for my baby beardie? phoenix/super/butter/silk worms? i know crickets are good but what else?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Depending on where you live, roaches. I have Dubias, Lobsters, and Turks.
They have less chitin, more protein, and are quite fun to look at. Most of these roaches don't even act like the kind we exterminate from our homes, and with the Dubias, they breed and move slowly, so they aren't hard to catch should they get away from you, or the dragon.
Hope this helps out !
Janie.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Crickets and roaches (both no longer than the space between your dragon's eyes), silk worms, butter worms, and pheonix worms are all good options. Horn worms are good too, but they get very big quickly. Meal worms are to be avoided, and superworms are only good for dragons 16 inches and longer. Wax worms are fatty and like dragon junk food - they should be used only as a treat if at all. Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom