Beardies nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkeeney1

My beardies nails are getting long and hes about 10 months old. Should i clip them and if so how much do i cut off. I dont want to hit the quicks and make him bleed.

MrSlak

There are some really good vids on youtube on how to do this.

Basically, you don't want to cut off any of the white quix which make up most of the nail.

agordon89

i clip my adults nails with regular nail clippers. if you look at the nail you can see a part that changes color, if you clip any of that part he will bleed, however if you stay past that part he wont bleed. i have granite in my tank and he still gets really long nails and i have to clip them. he will be fine after they are clipped. as i said i do it to mine(about every 6 mo or so). good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom