Beardies hatching help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragons are starting to hatch .... well one of them has his nose out, but the egg isnt what you would call breathing. Is the dragon ok ???? Please help

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My bearded dragons are starting to hatch .... well one of them has his nose out, but the egg isnt what you would call breathing. Is the dragon ok ???? Please help

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you, i heard it was up to 24 hours but my concern is the egg hasn't collapsed fully. How long do i wait to feed him ??

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I havn't bred, but what I have heard is that "they will make it out, or they won't". They say helping hurts more than it helps.
Sara

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok :blob5: he's out of his egg and walking around when do i take him out of the incubator and put him in the tank ??? Should i offer food sooner than 3 days ??

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Again, from what I understand from the "guys", leave baby there for a day, or until his egg sack on his belly dries up, then move him to the other enclosure ;)
Janie.

seymours

Hatchling Member
Not to be mean but you should have done this research before you decieded to breed, but glad you are asking.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am not a breeder either, but they do "appear" to not breathe really at times when they are just starting to hatch out. What they are really doing is resting & gathering energy to finish hatching.
How is he doing?

Tracie

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
seymours":2afc9 said:
Not to be mean but you should have done this research before you decieded to breed, but glad you are asking.
I didnt decide to breed i rescued 2 female beardies and they layed eggs right away, so rather than kill them by freezing them, i incubated them. Maybe you should do your research before you say something like that !! There is a reason people have to rescue dragons, and its because they ask for help and get treated that this !! :angry5:
Everyone else thank you very much for your help :blob5:

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tracie,
I have actually found a breeder and they have helped me alot, his is doing great we have moved him to a viv with wet paper towel on the bottom of the tank ( to be sure not to have any issues with him getting stuck or tearing himself)he's doing great very happy and active. i will keep you updated and post pictures a bit later

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Oh that's just precious... I can't wait to see those pictures, though it will be late tonight since I will be heading out to work soon ;)
Have any more popped out yet ? This must be so exciting for you! Welcome to the wonderful world of breeding dragons. Now, just to let you know, a female that has been bred can lay up to 7 clutches off one breeding ;) You will want to make sure both ladies have calcium daily for 5 days, just like a baby/juvie while gravid and after wards.
Did I mention I can't wait for the pictures ? lol
Janie.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here are some pictures of our new arrivals.
We have one in the viv ( he's doing great running around having a blast ). The other hatched last night and is still in the incubator. ( he needs some rest lol ) and 1 hatching right now :blob5: then approx 58 more when they want. lmao some are 2 weeks apart.
102_0201.jpg

102_0196.jpg

102_0195.jpg

102_0199.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom