Beardie not eating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ill pick some yougurt up tmrw. How much do i need to give him?? And thanks hes such a ham for the camera.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can give him all he will willingly lick off his nose. If he won't take much at a time, you could try a 2nd time later on. Try to find him a yummy fruit flavor. :lol:

Seems like he really likes getting his picture taken.

He really liked the tank at at the office? Did he entertain some of your co-workers?

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes he sat on my shoulder for the ride. At work he stayed white. He didnt mind all the people coming and see him. He so good. Is yogurt something you give him on a regular basis or just when they sick?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
russll41":1tk088d5 said:
Yes he sat on my shoulder for the ride. At work he stayed white. He didnt mind all the people coming and see him. He so good. Is yogurt something you give him on a regular basis or just when they sick?

It has to be soy yogurt and it would be something given as a probiotic given when you are giving antibiotics. If you don't give a probiotic the dragon can have stress, loss of appetite and the lack of good gut flora can make the dragon susceptible to YFD.

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dex Ate a few crickets (not on his own) and some yogourt and mustard greens tonight. he played a lil in my bed. Thanks for all the help and concern... I and dex thanks you all!!! You stopped me from going crazy!!!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that you got some food into him, that must have made you feel better. Hopefully he'll eat more daily. What did he think of the yogurt and what flavor did you find? Glad you didn't go crazy. :wink:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
russll41":cpyuxq9m said:
Dex Ate a few crickets (not on his own) and some yogourt and mustard greens tonight. he played a lil in my bed. Thanks for all the help and concern... I and dex thanks you all!!! You stopped me from going crazy!!!!

Your welcome, I know I didn't help as much as I wanted to but, I have been really distracted as of late..
I am glad Dex is eating something, how long have you had Dex?

I only have 2 years experience but I was reading this thread and I noticed some things that were not asked. Are the beardies housed together? They should not be because 1 will dominate and will eat most of the food. Nothing is said about humidity. Humidity should be between 30 and 40%. When I am in 80° in a dry climate I am comfortable but when I am in 80° and in a humid environment I feel hot and muggy. I hear a lot of people say that they have their baby dragons kept at 105 to 110° on their basking spot. When I got my baby, the information on the care sheet that I read said between 100 and 104°. At around 6 or 7 months he started showing signs of heat exhaustion at those temperatures so I dropped temps to around 97 to 100°. You mentioned and showed pictures of them being together, if he had pinworm eggs then the other 1 probably does too because they are contagious. I would have gotten them both tested. The darkness inside the cage and the not wanting to eat implies to me heat exhaustion. Where I live there are pinworms in the dirt. So I wash his vegetables very carefully and I don't let him go outside on the ground. I either hold him on my body when we go outside or I use a laundry basket with a towel in the bottom to use as a makeshift cage for outside. I only use blank newspaper 4 the bottom of the cage which I change every day. I happen to have a friend who works for the news journal so I get it for free. I sanitize the cage with Novalsan once a week. If I have a sick beardie I steam clean the cage with a shark pocket steamer

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got him strawberry.. He loved it. Im still having to make him open his mouth up and placing food in his mouth. My phonix worms came in today. Thats his fav. So i hope he starts to eat these on his own. I been having dex since dec. @terrbear903 My humidity stays around 40-45% They are horsed separate and i put them together just to show the size difference.

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm one happy dad!!! Got home put 25 phoniex worms in dexters dish. He ate them up. 35 total. On his own. My baby boy is feeling better. Poor guy jut sat there after. I think he ate too much lol. I'm si happy.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's awesome! Made us ALL happy. I'm sure the soy yogurt has helped too. Bet he really does like the strawberry flavor. Eating 35 phoenix worms is a lot compared to what he had been eating. :p Make sure he sits under his lights for about 2 hrs to be able to digest thoroughly. Thanks for the great news!

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes hes basking it up now.. Im so relived.. Here he is in all his glory!!!
dex-1.jpg

and my baby girls new color. Almost finished shedding..
das-2.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks like he has quite the full belly. He's basking under his lights right now? He doesn't usually keep his eyes closed like that, does he?

Wow, her colors are stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom