Beardie not eating crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
BeardieBaby17":2jnocuzl said:
She lets them crawl all over her and hasn't eaten one in 2 days. What should I do?

have you tried other live food? just like people bearded dragons can get bored eating the same food everyday. my bearded dragon stopped eating crickets after about a month. but she will now eat

calci worms
locusts
silkworms
dubia roaches

Have you changed the calcium or vitamin dusting powder? Sometimes that can change the taste or smell of their food enough to make them turn up their nose at their usual foods.

BeardieBaby17

Original Poster
She's 3 months old. And her previous owner didn't use calcium powder and didn't feed her crickets. She fed her mealworms. I have calcium powder but haven't dusted the crickets yet because I wanted to see if she'd eat them without the powder first

Ah. My Beastie's previous owner fed him those dried pellets and a few dusted crickets daily for two and a half years before I got him. It's not easy to make the transitions to different foods. I know mealworms aren't the best, but perhaps if you put a few in the feed dish with two or three sleepy, dusted crickets (put them in the fridge for five minutes or so and they'll stop moving around until they warm up again). He might just grab one when he inhales a mealworm and realize they are not awful! And if they're dusted the first time you give them to him, they he won't have to go through another food change when you eventually start dusting them. I know from experience that variety is sooo important -- just keep trying.
Annie
The Worm Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom