Beardie names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indie85

Hatchling Member
This is going to sound like a really strange question! But do Beardies recognise their names?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Gizmo donst respond to her name, but she has lots of nicknames, and knows full well who you are telling 'not to go behind there'. But wouldnt exactly come if you called her name lol!

She responds more to us, if she is playing a game, she constantly check to see if you are there following her, if she is being naughty, she looks at you to see if your watching etc.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
yeah.. MJ doesn't quiet respond to her name either. But as Buggsy said, when she's being naughty and playing games, she makes sure I'm watching. She knows the places she's not allowed to go to because when she starts heading that way I pick her up and put her back in the viv. So she's trained lol. Also.. whenever I walk out the house, she stops whatever she's doing (inside viv) and turns her head toward the door as if she's asking "where you going mommy !" and then offcourse.. I have to walk back to kiss her and promise I'll be back soon :mrgreen:

junebug82

Hatchling Member
Vadar doesn't seem to respond to her name.

Padame on the other hand..she KNOWS her name! If I am talking casually to someone in the livingroom(the vivs are in there) and I say Padame..in the same voice I am talking in...she will turn her cute little head as if to say "you talkin about me?"!

Livey

Extreme Poster
Nunu does! she turns around and looks at me! :)
she also knows when shes been bad, she lowes her head haha
awwww little cutie!

cheech1eballs

my girlfriends 3 beardies respond to there names when they are mentioned they will look up at ya..my lil guy Shelby doesn't understand yet but when he hears mine or my girlfriends voice he starts bugging out in his tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom