Beardie name(s)
Hugo, (Maybe Helga?)
*this post was pulled from daily updates and placed here for help*

Hugo's been eating incredibly well and I've been droplet watering him on the nose as well as misting him in the mornings - which he genuinely seems to enjoy. I've also been gutloading his crickets, feeding him a variety of dubia roaches, and hand feeding Black Fly larva on top of his daily veg offering. He just seems like a happy dude! As a little aside, he makes regular 'deposits' on his paper towels. A very good boy!

However, he's been exhibiting some color changes and I'm looking for a bit of reassurance that him going "pale" is, in fact, a good thing: see attached photos.

As you can see, in two photos he's showing really nice, vibrant coloration while in the latter two his legs/head are appearing pale. I've seen him eye bulge once... do you think he might be going through a shed?

- His appetite hasn't changed, he's voracious. He still makes regular 'deposits' (just went yesterday evening post-dinner and it was a good one, coloration & wetness)

Any thoughts/opinions/help is appreciated :)

Attachments

• H1.jpg
    H1.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 115
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 70
  • H3.jpg
    H3.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 64
  • H4.jpg
    H4.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 66

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I concur, he is definitely going to shed! He is a great looking boy.
The eye bulging is really neat so hopefully he will be shedding soon. They stretch their skin out
in preparation for shedding.

Tracie

HandsomeHugosMa

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hugo, (Maybe Helga?)
Thank you very much @Drache613! It's good to hear positive feedback concerning his looks :)

An update for anyone curious: He started his shed and is doing great!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom