Beardie dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen83

Original Poster
My beardie only eats mealworms. He won't eat but one cricket out of the bunch. That's it.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
thats not good, very bad meal worms impacted my poor guy very very bad, try pheonix worms or hornedworms, just no more mealyies, eventually he will get hungry enuogh to gulp down crix

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
So sorry about your little buddy. :( *hugs* Our baby got really sick too and we had her on calci-sand and then crushed walnut shells before she got sick. Luckily for us and her, we found this site and removed the sand the same day we asked for help, and now she is on shelf-liner. She is also a 'poop machine' (love that term) and we're always glad when she poops and we're actually home so we can clean it up right away. But it's not too hard to clean later either, just takes more time than scooping out the sand used to. We're sure we still have a lot to learn! Have you tried phoenix worms for your other guy? They're awesome, no shell, and full of calcium. :mrgreen:

Jen83

Original Poster
For all of you wondering, yes I have taken the sand out of his tank already. He was a little unsure at first, but has gotten used to it.

Jen83

Original Poster
Thanks! I just bought him some homey plants and a nice stone hut for him to hide in. He is adjusting well. :D

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
I'm sorry if I came across ill. But I have done some reading about plants since Christmas when a friend of mine's dog ate poinsettia leaves and got very sick. I also am trying to find new places to get pictures of my dragon,so gotta do more reading. I would just rather say something than for someone's beloved dragon to get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom