Bearded dragon not looking so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS0104

Original Poster
Hi,

I have about a 6/7 month old dragon, and he’s been great up to now. Past couple days he’s looked really tired and shutting his eyes during the day time, his lights and temperature and humidity is perfect so I’m not sure what’s going on! He’s sat under the basking light as he’s warm enough, I spray him with water and spray his food and bath him to make sure he’s not dehydrated. I think I’m doing all the right things and he’s been fine but today he’s not eating! He never refuses a cricket and every time I offer him one he shuts his eyes doesn’t even attempt to even go for it. I’m so worried can someone help or any advice please I’m desperate!x

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Okay will do, does it matter on wattage with the uvb? What basking would you recommend?
the T5 is a 24 Watt I believe -- your Arcadia is a 12% bulb that is a desert bulb -- you need to get your probe and its going to be trial and error w/ bulbs and wattage you want basking temps of 95-100 F for a adult --- that is why I said you need the probe

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Karrie is absolutely right in suggesting getting a light fixture with a reflector & in upgrading to a T5. Reptisun or Arcadia either one
are good. The reflector helps to direct the UVB downward to be dispersed more evenly onto your dragon. The wattage of the UVB
light isn't really important but is dependent on the length of the bulb most of the time. They don't usually emit very much heat, just the
UVB emissions & overall brightness.
It looks like he has just a bit of puffiness to his right wrist area, possibly from not enough UVB.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom