Bearded Dragon Injured Back left leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I really don't know what to say, but might want to try the betadine baths, they were very effective when I had 2 beardies in a fight & their tails were badly bitten, both recovered & healed & that's one of the reason's why. It does prevent infection, so that may help her, but her tail might also have an internal infection (it's called tail rot) & that's why it's changing colour, maybe. Don't forget I have no experience with silkies, maybe if you change the title to say "Silky has a badly injured left leg" (you change it by editing the first entry, then submit), you might get a better answer. You can wait a couple of days, but if the darkness creeps up towards her body, she might die. It's one of the very unfortunate things about beardie bites, they infect easily and she's so tiny. So I'd say try the baths, they might do the trick, but there's no way to know right now.

I know you've been fighting & that the feeding has gone well, but the vet would have to see her now to determine what's going on with her tail. Can you post of pic of her to show what she looks like now? That also might help.

I'm really praying it's just getting better, but I can't say for sure. Hopefully it is.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright imma go buy some and try it out but i got a feeling even though the tail is still partially attached its a dead or bad tail so imma just let it fall off on its own Thanks

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
DorkiTimmy":3l1vv9o1 said:
Alright imma go buy some and try it out but i got a feeling even though the tail is still partially attached its a dead or bad tail so imma just let it fall off on its own Thanks

Be very careful about letting it just "fall off on its own" because if she does end up having an internal infection in her tail, it could quickly spread to the rest of her body and kill her. If it looks like her tail is getting worse and worse, she really needs to go back to the vet.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright yesterday was the last time i fed her today when ever i try to force feed her she doesnt really open her mouth or either she spits her food out i know im going to try again later in 2hours or so hopefully she eats the cricket this time

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sigh my beardie she weaken not eating and laying flat down with her eyes close now she was head up yesterday with her 2 legs on a bowl chilling ):

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have a feeling the infection is getting to her. There's not alot you can do for her at this point but keep her warm & comfortable. I don't even think a vet can help her. I hope I'm not right, it's always hard to lose a beardie.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she doesnt look like shes infected or anything all her skin is clean and clear she still a bit fat nothing turn dark even the leg that was bitten was just a tiny bit swollen buts thats normal the end of the taill still just a bit dark sigh i really hope she gets better ):

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So do I, hopefully you can get her to eat tomorrow, that's what's important right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well, stay in touch!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's ok, it's amazing how they will endure if they're loved & cared for, so we'll just hope that your little one mends & stays with you.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well her left back leg still low swollen but not turning black or anything could be done by antibiotics hopefully she heals in about 7days if things arent getting better and i have to keep force feeding her then i dont think she will last. her end of the tail is probably going to be useless since it looks like its fading away.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good luck at the vet, if he gives him meds, get back to me about them. I'm going to send this to Tracie, a moderator here, who's as good as a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom