Bearded Dragon Injured Back left leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sank you force feed as in open her mouth sticking food and the nutrition in her? If yes video tip to open her mouth I try outing the liquid nutrition with the syringe around mouth she doesn't even lick

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Ok, so you lift her lip, put the syringe into the side of her mouth & drip a drop at a time into her mouth. If that doesn't work, then she's just too far gone to eat. But still, give that force feeding a try. You have nothing to lose at this point.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OMG YES :D so i gently use my nails to open her side mouth and i first started with a tiny mealworm that is freshly molted no hard skin. she ate it and then followed up i stucky the syringe in with all the nutrtion drink thingy in and she drank like alot! and then i gave her 2 crickets and she ate them now i put her back in her tank with the heat for her to digest and shall try again later tonight :D so happy omg :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is WONDERFUL news, she's going to be ok now. I'm glad I told you about that trick, that's how I get mine to eat sometimes when they won't eat on their own. So keep feeding her as often as you can, every 2 hours would do the trick, if you're home. Make sure there is calcium on everything she eats, she needs the extra boost for her bones and for healing. Keep me updated. This is great :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright i just tried feeding her again and worked she drank/took in the nutrtion a decent amount or actually alot and ate a 2 more crickets :D and she pooped. As for the leg i apply antiobiotics to it and hopefully theres a chance she will or will not be able to use it but at least she will live on.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so umm my own bearded dragon the healthy one just ate but he pooped weird the poop was like guey and see through it looks like fat. and then he poop again normally anything funky weird about that?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just keep an eye on that, might be something that didn't agree with him, but if his next poop was normal, then just watch him for a few days.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha she now eats when I force fed but heg is so droopy loose but she can feel pain should I attach sticks to make her bone feel better or would that only be worst

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No there's really nothing you can do about her leg, I think trying to splint her leg will make it worse. Just keep feeding her every 2 hours if you can, make sure she's good & warm all the time, just as you've been doing, plus the ointment as prescribed. It's going to take time before she's feeling better & it's also going to take time for her to heal. At least she's eating, which is a very good sign & keeping the food down. The only painkiller that I know of is called Serrepeptase. It's an enzyme from silkworms & has no side effects. I've been taking it in capsule form for a year as I have arthritis in every joint & it's been effective. I also have a liquid form that I buy for my 9 1/2 yr old beardie, as he has arthritis too & I buy it online at www.bug-de-lite.com. It's not that expensive, you feed it to her by weight, so only a few drops a day for her as she's so small. It comes with a small oral syringe with dosage attached. So see if you can order it, I'd highly recommend it and it just might help her.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So today she ate again but umm the end of her tail is starting to turn into a darker color cause shes pinkish. cause the tail was bitten pretty badly what should i do? already applied antibiotic cream to it but the end of the tail is still attach.

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
I would keep applying the antibiotic, and keep an eye on her tail to see how it's healing, and if it gets any darker...You may need to take her back to the vet, to decide whether she can keep her tail or if she might need it (or part of it) removed. Looking back at that first picture you posted of her, it looks like there's quite a bit of damage around the middle of her tail. Have you tried soaking her in a diluted betadine bath?

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No i have not i went to the vet and they simply said yes it was quite a bite off from the other dragon but shes to soft and fragile to do anything about it beside let time heal and make sure she eats and poops well and so for force feeding her makes her eat well and she poops regular. it just her tail today is her 4th day of the injury and its just turning a bit darker then her normal pink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom